Not Too Sweet Frosting Help Please!

Baking By sfoster723 Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 9:51am by LMV3

sfoster723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfoster723 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my cousins wedding cake and they do not like overly sweet frosting. They prefer whipped cream frostings. The problem is I am afraid this will not stand up to sitting out for a few hours at the reception. I need suggestions for frosings that will hold up outside of the refridgerator (we will be in air conditioning though) but something that is not as sweet as buttercream. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

3 replies
juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

I did not use it personally, but I always hear in CC that IMBC or SMBC performs better and longer outside of refrigerator compared to the whipped cream frosting, and of course it is much less sweeter than the traditional buttercream frosting. Also you can smooth it a lot nicer than the whipped cream frosting if using a hot scraper to smooth out.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

IMBC

LMV3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMV3 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:51am
post #4 of 4

I use Pastry Pride or Frostin Pride...it's frozen liquid that you whip up in your mixer. It tastes just like whipped cream and not overly sweet like buttercream. Once it's whipped, it can stay out at room temperature for as long as 24 hours (can't remember where I read that, but everywhere else I read bout it says it can stay out at room temperature for hours). I just made a cake last week that was iced in Frostin Pride. I iced the cake at home and let it sit out until we had to leave for the birthday place, then it sat out for a few more hours until we ate it...total hours was bout 10. It held up fine, tasted great, everyone loved it, and no one got sick! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%