High Heel Shoe And Purse

Decorating By tranqlty Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 5:46am by madgeowens

tranqlty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tranqlty Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 7

I'm attempting to make my first high heel and I have a few questions...

Is it better to use a 50/50 of gumpast and fondant or add gum tex to fondant [can't find tylose in my area]

Can I make the shoe all in one night and allow it to dry for a few days...I will need it for the cake next friday...

I will also be making a purse...is it possible to mold the purse of out RKT and then cover with Royal icing before applying fondant?

Thanks for your help!

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:09am
post #2 of 7

I use all gumpaste for the shoes. And I make the shoe in 1-2 days.

As for the purse - you can make it out of RKT, and then cover it in RI, and then apply fondant.

I have only covered RKT in buttercream - but I think RI would make the RKT smoother.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:36am
post #3 of 7

I used rkt and covered it with two layers of ganache before mmf....I used mmf with tylose powder for heel....I made the heel way in advance so it could dry on the cardboard form I made for it to shape

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1583624

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:50am
post #4 of 7

Hi there.
I make all my shoes out of fondant and it takes about 2 days to dry completely. I have never had any problems with breakage, I am by no means an expert but hope I could be a little help. Have a great evening.
LL

tranqlty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tranqlty Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks all...appreciate the feedback...I have not been able to find the tylose...someone told me I could use gum tex the same way but I don't know how or how much to add to the fondant...I'm lookng forward to attempting this cake...something new and different for me!

Kakesbykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakesbykay Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #6 of 7

[I'm attempting to make my first high heel

I'm going to attempt my first high hheel show was well. Can't wait!!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:46am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I used rkt and covered it with two layers of ganache before mmf....I used mmf with tylose powder for heel....I made the heel way in advance so it could dry on the cardboard form I made for it to shape

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1583624

I meant I made the purse from rkt.....don't think that was clear...hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%