Michaesl Coupon -They Are On To Us!

Decorating By Win Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 5:47pm by lapazlady

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:14pm
post #31 of 52

I just Google Micheals 60% off coupon whenever I need one , print one up and head out, never had a problem.
I even tell them I found this online and they shrug their shoulders and scan it.
Sometimes it does'nt scan and the manually take off 60%

I signed up with Micheals and never recieved any of my email coupons so I make my own sales now..lol

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm
post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I just Google Micheals 60% off coupon whenever I need one , print one up and head out, never had a problem.
I even tell them I found this online and they shrug their shoulders and scan it.
Sometimes it does'nt scan and the manually take off 60%

I signed up with Micheals and never recieved any of my email coupons so I make my own sales now..lol

Wow! 60% - that is awesome! I google mine too but I have never come across a 60% off. I always get the 50% off. Can you tell me which site google directs you to?

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:53pm
post #34 of 52

I used to work for Michael's....they don't track their coupons....they don't even care....they just have them shredded at the end of the day....I worked in the cash office....I didn't even have to count how many coupons came in!

So just keep printing them and use them! how are they going to know what my email address is?!?

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:01pm
post #35 of 52

Michael's send me coupons quite frequently for 40, 50, and 60% off. I'll be happy to share with anyone in need. Just PM me and I'll send one out to you.

Crystal

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:10pm
post #36 of 52

Well if I have to pick one, Hobby Lobby gets my business hands down over Michael's. Hobby Lobby has their coupons online & I dont have to wait for an email that 99 % of the time doesn't even include a coupon icon_smile.gif.....don't get me wrong, I shop at both, but because of coupons, HL gets more of my business.

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #37 of 52

Thanks!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #38 of 52

So, since I started this, I figure I will follow through by sharing the reply that came from Michaels Corporate:

Quote:
Quote:

They have placed the e-mail address on the coupons to keep track of them and be sure on the store level that they are coming from Michaels.com and not another site that is posting our coupons. If you have anymore questions, please call us at 1-800-642-4235. Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Tiffany
Michaels Customer Relations
1-800-642-4235

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:42am
post #39 of 52

So does that mean they won't accept other Michaels coupons printed from the internet?

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:03am
post #40 of 52

Honestly (and I know this probably isn't what the company wants to hear, but it's just how it is), if it says "Michaels" on it, it looks like any other coupon we've had, it's within the right dates, and it scans properly, we're taking it. It really doesn't matter where you get it. As long as it's valid, we're running it through. It just really isn't worth the potential argument with a customer.

I think it's being thought about too much. If you're worried about your email address on it, don't hand it out to strangers. Or, black it out yourself and then give it out if you're a giver icon_smile.gif Otherwise, just go on using them like normal. Like TexasSugar said, if you're getting your coupons in your email, guess what? We already have your email address. If Michaels was going to do something shady, it probably would have been done by now.

Oh, btw, I'm not trying to be snotty or a know-it-all. All of what I say is based on my opinions and what I've seen at MY store. I really am just trying to be helpful in my own way icon_smile.gif (Cuz lord knows I don't want to go down THAT road again! icon_biggrin.gif )

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #41 of 52

The cashier at my Michaels said that they were going to online flyers only within the next year and were starting to collect email info to send the flyers/coupons to customers.

kse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kse Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:40am
post #42 of 52

Michael's honors both Joann and Hobby Lobby coupons. You can use all three once a day

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:09am
post #43 of 52

I recieved the 50% off coupon with my email address printed on it too. I printed it twice and took my mom with me so I could use both on the same day (we went to different cashiers). After my cashier scanned it, she tore it in half right through the email address, threw one half away and put the other half in the cash register drawer. After seeing that, I'm not concerned at all that my email address is printed on them.

taria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taria Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:17am
post #44 of 52

I've used my coupon three times since Friday (twice today at the same store). My mom has also used it with no problem.

CakeMommyTX Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:46am
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

LONG before Al Gore invented the internet icon_rolleyes.gif , hubby worked in banking. With just a name or phone number, he could find out where someone lived, where they worked, their spouse's name, where the spouse worked, where they had lived in the past 5 or 10 years .... ALL of this info was easily available .... LONG before the internet.

Wait there was a time before the internet, whatever did everyone do? icon_lol.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:49am
post #46 of 52

adree313! Will you please come work in our store?? The cashiers are horrible! When I use it to buy a bag of candy melts they roll their eyes at me. And normally I wait and wait in line as one or two max cashiers are working. When I do get up to one, I always feel like I'm wasting their time. They also glare at the coupon like I'm running some underground counterfeit Michael's coupon scam.

I go on a rare occasion now, only when I cant bribe the teenager to do it, he hates it too. Hubby has quite going completely because of the cashier experiences.

Wish Hobby Lobby was here!!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:13am
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

that stinks!! I'm one of those people that take my 3 kids to the store with me and hand them each $10, a various cake decorating tool, and a coupon! lol

Ditto!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

daltonam Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 12:56pm
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbie

Michael's honors both Joann and Hobby Lobby coupons. You can use all three once a day

Our Michael's does not allow internet coupons from Hobby Lobby. Seeing as that's the only kind I get (no newspaper) I can't used them there icon_sad.gif It's a bummer.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:25pm
post #49 of 52

Being the suspicious person I am, I'd be inclined to think they're more likely to sell the e-mail address than worry about tracking your purchases.

daltonam Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:13pm
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchristi27

adree313! Will you please come work in our store?? The cashiers are horrible! When I use it to buy a bag of candy melts they roll their eyes at me. And normally I wait and wait in line as one or two max cashiers are working. When I do get up to one, I always feel like I'm wasting their time. They also glare at the coupon like I'm running some underground counterfeit Michael's coupon scam.

I go on a rare occasion now, only when I cant bribe the teenager to do it, he hates it too. Hubby has quite going completely because of the cashier experiences.

Wish Hobby Lobby was here!!

you sure that we don't have the same Michael's employees? icon_biggrin.gif LOL

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

Being the suspicious person I am, I'd be inclined to think they're more likely to sell the e-mail address than worry about tracking your purchases.

But they already have your email address when you sign up to get the coupon. So they wouldn't need to print it on a coupon to get it to sell it.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:47pm
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

But they already have your email address when you sign up to get the coupon. So they wouldn't need to print it on a coupon to get it to sell it.

I don't live in the US, so have never signed up for a coupon, but that certainly makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%