Sugar Paste

Decorating By rene1976 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 3:13pm by rene1976

rene1976 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 7

Is sugar paste and gum paste different? I have never seen sugar paste in the stores.

6 replies
superstar Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 7

Fondant & Sugarpaste are the same thing. Most English people call it Sugarpaste.

rene1976 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 7

oh, I never thought that fondant was sugar paste. Thanks for that answer! I have some british books and they always say sugar paste.

SallyBratt Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 7

Around here (Toronto) fondant is fondant but we call gumpaste both gumpaste and sugarpaste.

rene1976 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 7

okay, now I am confused. I am from is fondant not sugar paste then? Gumpaste is sugarpaste as well???? I thought fondant was fondant as well. I figured that gumpaste might be reffered toa s sugarpaste as well

BlakesCakes Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 7

Fondant is sugar paste or RTR icing (ready to roll).

Gum paste is flower paste.

You can make gum paste/flower paste by adding tylose (or cmc or gum tex or gum trag) to sugar paste/fondant.


rene1976 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 7

Thank-you for that clarification. I really appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%