Who Has Seen The Sandlot?

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 2:28pm by Christy0722

confectionsofahousewife Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake next week for a 10th birthday and they want the cake to look like the baseball field from the Sandlot. They said the boy's team jerseys are black with white writing. I was thinking of making the cake look like the baseball field, and then maybe cutting out jerseys with his number on them and putting a few of those around the sides of the cake and maybe having a scoreboard or pennants saying Happy Birthday. I'm just not sure what the baseball field looks like! Any input?

5 replies
kandyc10 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 6

Go to Youtube and type in The Sandlot Trailer and there are some videos. The baseball field looks pretty blah, mostly browns. But the videos should help you. It is a cute move lol icon_smile.gif

Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 6

That's the best movie!! They're kids and they just play in a park. (It was not a professional looking field, I guess that's why the movie was called the sandlot) icon_confused.gif The whole premise of the movie is that their ball keeps going over the fence with a scary dog on the other side. Here's a still from the movie with said fence behind the kid. http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/106/004470_9.jpg

and another still

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/sandlot_03lg.jpg

I'm really not sure about their jersey's. They didn't wear jersey's I thought?? Maybe they do at the end? Well good luck! HTH
icon_confused.gifthumbs_up.gif

ccr03 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 6

In the original Sandlot, the boys don't wear jerseys. It's during the summer and they just play in a big lot in their regular clothes. The field is really a huge empty lot - thus SandLOT. It's just dirt and dying grass. the big thing about the movie it that they try to get this baseball from over the fence. They are all afraid of the dog. Towards the back of the field is the neighbor's yard with a dog. They also have a treehouse close to the fence.

If you can rent it, I would.

jolmk Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 6

In the beginning the field is a big sand lot with a fence in the back, I think. It's been awhile. There may be a different field at the end of the movie. Sorry, can't be of more help.

Christy0722 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 6

You might want to check with the client and see which Sandlot movie she is referring to. There were actually 3....the Original movie (they didn't wear uniforms), The Sandlot 2 and The Sandlot 3 - Heading Home. The 3rd movie shows them in red and yellow uniforms on the front of the movie/DVD box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%