I Did It...

Decorating By Calgary_Mama Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm by JulieMN

Calgary_Mama Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:07am
post #1 of 9

I finished my daughter's "New Moon" themed cake! I am happy with how it turned out, but REALLY need to work on my writing (in my defence it was done with a paintbrush and gel color as I didnt have a foodsafe marker icon_sad.gif )
learned a lot of new techniques making this cake icon_smile.gif loved it.
I can't wait till my daughter sees it tomorrow!! (omg I hope it makes it to the party okay LOL)
LL

8 replies
tsal Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 11:02am
post #2 of 9

Congrats!! It looks great!! I love the stone work! I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Loucinda Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 9

That is a nice cake with the Twilight theme for a young girl! I love the stone work too!

KHalstead Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 9

you totally nailed the colors on the stones!! What colors did you use exactly? It looks amazing!

psmith Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 9

Awesome job! She'll love it! icon_biggrin.gif

Calgary_Mama Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

you totally nailed the colors on the stones!! What colors did you use exactly? It looks amazing!

I bought powder colors in, Taracotta, Chocolate Brown, Cream and Shadow Gray. I mixed the cream with each color to get a different shade, which was the main colors I used, the plain color I found was a bit too stark. I did all the stones first, and then I went over everything with the grey/cream mixture to get the concrete coloring in between the stones.

Thanks everyone. I'm happy with it, so is my daughter icon_smile.gif

pinkorchid Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 9

Great job!! I'm sure your daughter will LOVE it icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 9

The stones look amazing! And don't worry about the writing. Most of us don't like to do writing on cakes.

JulieMN Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 9

Great job--love the stones!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%