So Where Did All Of You....

Decorating By lil_baker_13 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm by Thanksharla

lil_baker_13 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 9

learn how to decorate cakes? Did you teach yourself or go to pasrty school or watch videos? Im curious to know LOLicon_smile.gif

8 replies
idjiliak Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 9

I am completely self taught. I found a Sugarshack video at the library one day and i was off an running. I just found this site today. Not sure how to upload pictures yet, but I'm going to look at that later.

jawalk Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 9

I started out with the Cake Decorating classes from Michaels, they were very helpful. From there you just start making cakes for anyone for the practice. The girls in our office really liked it when I was taking classes cause they got to reap the benefit each week.

Lalady Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 9

Cake decorating was a hobby for my mother, so I grew up around it. I've taken the Wilton classes with Michael's and have learned A LOT from here & YouTube videos.

bmarlow001 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 9

you tube! lol oh and all of the wonderful cake decorators on this site icon_wink.gif

KHalstead Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 9

completely self taught (thanks to CC) not sure if that really qualifies as self taught!

idjiliak Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 9

Oh yes! Youtube is definitely a must have. That Tonedna and her videos taught me so much.

MainCake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 9

Self-taught, although like KHalstead, I've learned so much from CC. It all began for me when my mom threw a baby shower for my aunt when I was 17. I volunteered to make the cake so I went to a local bookstore and bought a cake decorating book. That was 16 years ago, long before I'd ever heard of the internet.

Thanksharla Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm
post #9 of 9

My dear, sweet, late mother-in-law Harla (hence the user name Thanksharla) bought me a wilton class and the supplies for Class 1 for my birthday last year. My birthday is in April but didn't have the chance to take the class til the end of July/ August and have been hook ever since.

Before she past away she told my father-in-law to make sure I get all her cake decorating tools. She used to make and sell wedding cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%