Dumb Cat!!

Decorating By Ashlynn Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 11:00pm by rainbow_kisses

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:29am
post #31 of 55

My very first post!
I was once making a cake (just for me) and had turned the layers out to cool. I didn't know the cat was in and I left them "unguarded" on the table. When I returned to the kitchen, the cat was snuggled down on my soft warm chocolate cake icon_surprised.gif apparantly it was very comfy. Needless to say I did get any desert that night.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #32 of 55

All this time I thought I was unique with a cat who loves buttercream!! If I have to leave a decorated cake out for some reason then I put a dollop of icing in my cat's bowl, so she won't make little lick marks in the iced cake!!

Ashlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlynn Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #33 of 55

dont worry the cake went straight to the trash as soon as I got home from class. I would never let anyone eat it!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedbycody

sorry but cats in the kitchen especially on your kitchen countertops is disqusting!

Agree.

cakesbyperla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyperla Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:15am
post #35 of 55

Luckily my cat could care less about cake and icings. She loves cheese! So I have to keep an eye on my Doritos & cheese puffs icon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:39am
post #36 of 55

I have both a cat and a dog but when i start to do anything in my kitchen (pets not allowed in kitchen though ) in their crates they both go. i guess its become a habbit i usto not stand them begging when we are having dinner . So I put an end to that

I love them both but no, but not my hubby so when he came home one day and saw the cat on the counter asleep, that was it .He rushed to Pet store and bought crates for both.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:27am
post #37 of 55

Some of my best memories with my mom was arguing with my brother over who got to lick the bowl and who got to lick the beaters. I swear my mom could scrape the color off the bowl getting that batter/frosting out. I always wished she'd leave me a big lump. I still lick the batter bowl if I want. Chickens back then didn't have salmonella like they can/do have now. The exposure has made it more commong. I think I read something like 1 in 100 eggs, that could be wrong. I wouldn't let a very young child eat it now just for fear, or maybe it's because I want it all for me...haha

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:49am
post #38 of 55

almost all cat's will venture on to the counter, but a water squirt bottle works well, im sorry about you cake, my first one avalanched, We as kid couldn't wait for those beaters either cake mix or frosting, not like there is a whole lot on them. my kid's to when they were young

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:16am
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyperla

Luckily my cat could care less about cake and icings. She loves cheese! So I have to keep an eye on my Doritos & cheese puffs icon_smile.gif

Ditto on that, and I have 3, the oldest does not like swiss but will eat his weight in velveeta or cheddar, the middle hates cheddar, and loves swiss, and the little one is following his "brothers" and likes both so far. Cheetos are not safe even in the bag tied up. Once came home to a Chester Cheetah, all you could see was the tail going back and forth. Poked his head out and it was orange, chin to ears, and then went back for more, should have had a camera!

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:20am
post #40 of 55

Good Moms let you lick the beaters, Great Moms turn the mixer off first! icon_lol.gif

But serious...you can get sick from just about anything if it's not been treated properly. You actually have a greater risk getting salmonella from leafy green vegetables (romaine and spinach in particular) than raw eggs, and you don't see parents getting chastised for giving their children salads! The chances of getting sick from licking a beater or sneaking a bite of raw dough is similar to the odds of winning the lottery, so I don't worry about it. But the day I get sick from it is the day I buy a PowerBall ticket! icon_wink.gif

I have cats and I wouldn't eat a cake my kitties got a hold of. Good call on tossing it out. What a waste of a good cake!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 12:09pm
post #41 of 55

So pleased to hear the cake got thrown out icon_smile.gif And that I am not alone in the beater liking icon_lol.gif although my kids named my hand mixer beaters Sam and Ella as a joke icon_biggrin.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:35pm
post #42 of 55

No cats.......but my 3 yr old has destroyed quite a few cakes LOL. She took a fork and ate half of a cake I had iced and sitting before putting fondant on it...... stuck candles in the side of a fully decorated cake. Poked holes in one with her fingers... I think after the trouble she's been into about my cakes she has finally learned her lesson......I'm holding my breath and knocking on wood while posting this icon_biggrin.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:42pm
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

No cats.......but my 3 yr old has destroyed quite a few cakes LOL. She took a fork and ate half of a cake I had iced and sitting before putting fondant on it...... stuck candles in the side of a fully decorated cake. Poked holes in one with her fingers... I think after the trouble she's been into about my cakes she has finally learned her lesson......I'm holding my breath and knocking on wood while posting this icon_biggrin.gif

That's cute though, great memories. She was only helping with the candles icon_smile.gif

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 6:46pm
post #44 of 55

We rescued a dog and he had never been tempted by anything in the kitchen until we brought home our new baby. We left the house for a few minutes and he ate an entire plate of applesauce cookies baked with Splenda for my diabetic parents. I think the tummy ache cured him of snatching things off the counter.

Our 2 year old learned about candy the same way. At church someone was giving her lifsavers and after the third one I realized they were sugar free. She had an upset stomach and spent all afternoon in the bathroom. Now everytime she has a tummy ache she tells us she's had too much candy.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #45 of 55

My mom has an adorable photo of my brother and I when we were younger, sharing a beater. You know, the double kind that you turned manually? So cute, we both have these looks of eager anticipation and a half-smile with our tongues just getting ready to stick out and lick the whipped cream off the beater. ADORABLE! What you DON'T see, is that as soon as the photo was taken, I purposely turned the beater on my brother's tongue. as far as I'm concerned, THAT is the only danger in letting your kids lick the beaters!!!!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 7:35pm
post #46 of 55

Ooooh, my mouth still hurts, reading your post! Isn't it terrible how mean we can be to our siblings when we are little? It's a wonder, sometimes, that we ever have adult families! Having said that...
We always enjoyed licking the beaters, myself, mother and on back. As my children came, they enjoyed the same. It was fine while I had two boys = two beaters. Third boy = the bowl. Fourth boy, I had my first KA. Ooops, now the balance was skewed. They went from scrounging tidbits from the beaters, etc, to getting a big spoonful each with no work. Progress brings benefits!
I still love and always will love raw cookie dough. And yes, adore salads.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:43pm
post #47 of 55

I've already said that I eat raw cookie dough, but just remember...Just because you've never gotten sick from food poisoning doesn't mean you won't! And if you've ever had the "24 hour flu" you were sick from food poisoning. There's no virus that goes through you in 24 hours, but there sure as heck are bacteria that do. My MIL got food poisoning last week and was throwing up for two days and felt sick for two more after that. She's 88 so it was worse in her than it would be for someone else, most likely. I think that she got it from a little thing called "the buffet."

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:34am
post #48 of 55

Luckily my cats are not interested in anything to do with cakes, but the one likes black olives, hot sauce, and cantelope, and the other one will eat leftover baby cereal...ew!!! That bowl got washed very, very well!!!

rainbow_kisses Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 7:43pm
post #49 of 55

I have to say that none of my kids have ever had any sickness bugs, 24hr or more so I am banging on the wood and hoping they never do icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

I have to say that none of my kids have ever had any sickness bugs, 24hr or more so I am banging on the wood and hoping they never do icon_smile.gif

I'm lucky that way too, because I can't take any kind of stomach problems. I told my husband before we had kids that I can handle the nastiest diaper, but if they ever got something where they were vomiting, they would be his kids alone! I think that my son has been sick like that once in his entire life and he's 14, and my daughter maybe once and she's 11. Now that I wrote that I expect one of them will be sick tonight, I've probably cursed myself icon_sad.gif

rainbow_kisses Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #51 of 55

My eldest two kids aged 16 and 14 have only ever had time off school for funerals in all of their school life and my 13 year old son has never had any time off school in 10 years icon_eek.gif He was even so nice as to break his elbow at school on the last day of term and was able to go back to school after the break icon_lol.gif and my youngest two boys aged 10 and 9 have only had silly illnesses like an ear infection and one put a fork through his lip and needed stitches. My daughter has never had any illness other than being born with cerebral palsy icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:34pm
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

one put a fork through his lip and needed stitches.

I don't want to completely hijack this thread, but how do you manage to put a fork through your lip? icon_eek.gif

rainbow_kisses Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:41pm
post #53 of 55

OOPPS sorry for hyjacking icon_redface.gif

He was holding a folk in his hand and tried to climb over a chair, slipped and poked the folk through his lip from out side to the inside icon_rolleyes.gif He sent me into full blown labour with my daughter icon_lol.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:29pm
post #54 of 55

I think this thread has long been hijacked, but it has certainly evolved into something fun. Costumeczar, believe it or not, I do really agree with you. I know that just because I or my kids haven't gotten sick, doesn't mean that is isn't possible. (Knock on wood...) I suppose it is like I would never do canning like our grandmothers used to, using the oven. For low acid vegetables I always use my pressure canner. Obviously grandma lived to be able to have my dad but many in those days didn't. I guess I just have to choose my poison.
Scrummumummy, I had to laugh at your story. (Sorry for your son, and I don't think you really intended to go into labor at that time.) But one of my sons branded himself when he was little. He got into an altercation with his older brother (as was usual with four boys within five years!) and was shoved against the hot wall space heater. He still has a lovely spiral brand,I suppose since I haven't seen it since he grew up!

rainbow_kisses Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:00pm
post #55 of 55

icon_lol.gif I was alraedy in slow labour and being my 6th baby I was high risk but she still held on another 24 hours all without pain relief icon_biggrin.gif I had 5 boys in 7 years and my daughter came along 6 years after my last son thumbs_up.gif
I had a strange and very painful incident with my sister when we where kids. I was putting on my school uniform, when having an argument with my sister, who is 4 years older than me decided that she had had enough and pushed my backwards, straight into the fire. still to this day we don't speak and i have a scar on my HUGE bottom after having lots of surgery icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%