Tips For Using Kopykake Projectors?...

Decorating By sweetcakesbylindsey Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm by ladycake17

sweetcakesbylindsey Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 4

I just bought my 1st projector! Any tips/tricks are greatly appreciated icon_biggrin.gif I can't WAIT to get home and set it up!!!

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 4

I"m so jealous, how much did you pay?

I want one so bad! But I'm SO cheap and POOR, don't forget poor LOL

sweetcakesbylindsey Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:27am
post #3 of 4

sad thing is...i have NO idea what to do with it. i got the kopykake k1000 for $346 at an art shop. i had been bidding on one on ebay, and someone out bid me 10 seconds before it ended. they ended up paying $380 for a used one! i got mine brand new icon_lol.gif now if i could just figure out what to do with it...

ladycake17 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 4

I have a kopykake and I LOVE it!! I get what ever kind of picture I need for my cake off of the internet and print it the size 3 by 5. Put it in the kopykake, so you can see the picture, using the little bar things to hold it, turn it on and it will reflect the image on to your cake. You will have a cylinder with magnifying glass on both ends. One end will make the picture larger and one end will make it smaller, you have to work with the cylinder to get it the size you need for your cake. You also can move the projector up and down the pole to adjust the picture also. You really just have to work with it until you get what you want. I also find that the darker your room is the better you can see the pic on your cake. I always outline the picture on my cake with black gel then I either airbrush the colors on or I use colored gel. Hope this helps.....have fun, when you get the hang of it, you will wonder what you ever did without it!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%