Parchment Paper Question

Decorating By Jackie_PatriotsFan Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 3:20pm by DianeLM

Jackie_PatriotsFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie_PatriotsFan Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 5

Hello - I've never used parchment paper on the bottom of my pans but think I should start as it seems even though I spray the pans with PAM for the WASC cake it seems it still sticks to bottom. So my question is do I still need to spray bottom of pan with PAM and then put parchment paper down or just the parchment paper and spray around the sides?

Thanks very much.
Jackie
VPM of CPL Sean preparing for deployment to Afghanistan
VPM of Adam, RN just passed his boards!

4 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 5

I use parchment all the time because most of my cakes are special orders and I don't have time for re-baking due to a layer that stuck. I give the pan a quick shot of Pam before placing the parchment in just to secure the parchment, I then spray the pan sides and the parchment well. I also check the sides of the cake before I take it out of the pan to make sure they are not sticking, if it is just run a knife around the pan . I've never had a problem this with this method.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

I use parchment in the bottom of the pans. I spray the sides with Baker's Joy first. There is a little overspray onto the bottom, but I don't try to actually spray the bottom. Then I put in the precut parchment. I leave the parchment on when I freeze my cakes, too, and even after they've thawed and I'm torting. I think it makes the cakes a little easier to handle.

Jackie_PatriotsFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie_PatriotsFan Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the anwers! I hope this solves my problems with cake bottoms sticking to may pan. Maybe I was overspraying in the first place? Regardless, I will definitely try the parchment paper method.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

I use parchment in the bottom of the pans. I spray the sides with Baker's Joy first. There is a little overspray onto the bottom, but I don't try to actually spray the bottom. Then I put in the precut parchment. I leave the parchment on when I freeze my cakes, too, and even after they've thawed and I'm torting. I think it makes the cakes a little easier to handle.

Ditto for me on all of this. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%