How Much Imbc......help Please

Baking By bridge72 Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 5:37am by bridge72

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,
I am planning to make between 60 to 80 cupcakes using the WASC recipe found on CC for a baby shower on Sat and I want to ice using IMBC (only made SMBC in the past) my question is how many batches of IMBC should I make to cover this many cuppies? If anyone can help a newbie out it would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif Thanks in advance! BTW, I will be using a 1M tip......

8 replies
bridge72 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 9

Oh, can anyone help me...... icon_cry.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:34am
post #3 of 9

Well, i'm not really sure how much a recipe of IMBC makes, but guessing from experience, I would say perhaps 2-3 batches. Depending on how high you ice them, if you're making decorations out of the frosting too, etc.

Good thing it's not too time consuming to make. You could always start with 2 batches and see how far that takes you. It won't be too hard to just whip up another batch if you find yourself running out.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:37am
post #4 of 9

The only difference between the two is the way the syrup is added to the whites. If your IMBC recipe has the same amount of stuff as SMBC, you should get the same amount.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:48am
post #5 of 9

i make the wbh imbc recipe. it makes 8 cups. hth. it is so delicious!

bridge72 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:37am
post #6 of 9

Rose_N_Crantz I only plan on make on swirl of icing on each, no decorations but that's what I was thinking 2-3 batches...thanks! LaBellaFlor I love the way the SMBC tastes but wanted to try something different...thanks also! icer101 what is wbh imbc recipe? 8 cups sounds like just what I need. Can you tell me what it is so I can google it? thanks all that took the time out and responded to a newbie in crisis lol!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:39am
post #7 of 9

IMBC gives you a stiffer consistency do to the cooked syrup, but not like an Amercan buttercream. It's till smooooth.

bridge72 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:48am
post #8 of 9

icer101....sat and thought a minute, wbh stands for whimsical bakehouse...I feel so much like a newbie at this moment icon_redface.gif lol! LaBellaFlor that's what I need a stiffer consistency I do believe and not really fond of American buttercream with the powdered sugar and all...so IMBC it is! Thanks again I was starting to feel discouraged from all the views but no help. Happy caking to ya icon_biggrin.gif

bridge72 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:37am
post #9 of 9

I would like to thank everyone for the tips and all the help I received icon_smile.gif I ended up making a double batch of IMBC which was just enough for 69 cupcakes. I even had someone tell me they would eat it on crackers, white bread, wafers or straight out the bowl lol! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for helping me, you all are amazin' thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%