Luster Dust Question??

Decorating By CAKE_NEWBIE Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 2:51pm by Chippi

CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys,

I am doing 3 cakes one the big rep lips using the wilton lip shaped pan and one a 3 tiered wedding cak covered in peach colored fondant, and one 2 tiered bday cake covered in white fondant. I want to add some shimmer to all three cakes and want to know what would be the best way to do this.

The lips cake will be covered in red fondant and I want it add some shimmer to make it look like the lips have shimmery rep lipstick on

and i want the wedding cake to have a shimmer to the peach fondant and the bday cake to have shimmer on the white fondant.

I have never used luster dust is this the best product for the job? also if it is what color should i use? do i use red for the red lips and peach for the peach cake and white for the white cake or do they have a generic color that goes on clear and just leaves the sparkle behind?

Any help would be great i am clueless on this topic

1 reply
Chippi Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 2

I think the Red Disco dust would look great on the lips. They have Super pearl in many colors but the white can be used on the white fondant. I have used it on a few different lighter shades of colored fondant and it does just fine. There are a ton of stores online that have it, www., www. Also, there are a lot of great CC'ers on here that have more experience with it than me I am sure you will get even more info. Edna De la Cruz @ has a tutorial on Dust. Here is a link to it: She is awesome! HTH's

Quote by @%username% on %date%