Top Tier Of Wedding Cake

Decorating By cakefort Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm by sambugjoebear

cakefort Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefort Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 10

Is the top tier of the wedding cake figured into the number of servings since the b&g usually keep that?

9 replies
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 10

I charge for the servings in the top tier just as I do the rest of the cake, but I figure in enough servings to serve their guest without using the top tier.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 10

I do not count the top tier with the guest servings unless the B & G plan on serving the top tier.

I give the couple 2 options. They can either save the top tier for their anniversary or they can serve the top tier and I will make them a fresh cake for their 1st anniversary. Either way they get a free cake from me as a gift.

cakefort Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambugjoebear

I do not count the top tier with the guest servings unless the B & G plan on serving the top tier.

I give the couple 2 options. They can either save the top tier for their anniversary or they can serve the top tier and I will make them a fresh cake for their 1st anniversary. Either way they get a free cake from me as a gift.

Aww I love your idea! Granted we went to the Mountains for our 1st anniversary and forgot our cake icon_confused.gif But I wasn't too excited about the idea of eating cake that had been frozen for a year lol....
I love your cool alternative icon_cool.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 10

I charge for the entire cake and the B&G get a freshly bake 1 year anniversary cake.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, I forgot to add this is for 100 servings or more. For less than 100 servings they have the option of purchasing the freshly baked anniversary cake for $25.00 with their order or if they order it a year later it's $35.00

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 10

I figure the top cake into the servings, and charge accordingly! They can choose to get an "anniversary" cake a yr. later...but they are charged the normal cake price for it.

cakefort Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 7:57pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I figure the top cake into the servings, and charge accordingly! They can choose to get an "anniversary" cake a yr. later...but they are charged the normal cake price for it.

You figure it into the price, but also into the number of servings? So 100 guests and with the top tier it serves 100?

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambugjoebear

Aww I love your idea! Granted we went to the Mountains for our 1st anniversary and forgot our cake icon_confused.gif But I wasn't too excited about the idea of eating cake that had been frozen for a year lol....
I love your cool alternative icon_cool.gif

Thanks, but sadly I can't say it was an original idea lol There are a lot of others on this site that have mentioned before that they share that option to their brides as well. I seen that before I officially opened my business and thought it was a great idea. All of the brides that decide to go with me love this idea-it's gone over very well (atleast with the couples, the mothers of the couples are still hooked on tradition) lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%