Favorite Cakes

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm by CakeandDazzle

Sandysdream Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 5

This is maybe a silly question - but what makes a favorite cake? Sometimes I make a cake and I think to myself - wow girl this one is good - I put it on CC and I do not even get 1 favorite. Other times I put a photo of a cake on CC, I'm not too happy with the cake and then it is the favorite of 1 or more persons. As I said it is maybe silly, but I have only been baking for 1 year now and I am always looking for approval, even on my customer's faces. If they do not say anything or even look happy I would be upset for a few days, thinking they did not like the cake.

4 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 5

I favorite cakes that I want to try, and cakes that are so technically perfect all I can do is marvel at them icon_wink.gif

msulli10 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 5

Sandysdream - I was thinking the same thing. Mostly, I think it's just a matter of the timing that your picture is posted.

HarleyDee Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 5

Yeh, at any given time, there are lots of photos being posted on here. And if you notice when you go to the homepage, only a few show up on the "New Pics Posted" section. Otherwise, they just go into the pages of the gallery for people to sort through.

CakeandDazzle Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5

I never use cc recipes, but for pictures a favorite can be any type of cake, good bad or otherwise... alot of my favs are ones that are amazing, but alot others are cake that i like a certain element or has something in it i need to replicate for a cake order I have...
i think for recipes people are probably hesistant to try a recipe with no ratings or favs or comments it may be great but maybe no one will try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%