Favorite Cakes

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm by CakeandDazzle

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 5

This is maybe a silly question - but what makes a favorite cake? Sometimes I make a cake and I think to myself - wow girl this one is good - I put it on CC and I do not even get 1 favorite. Other times I put a photo of a cake on CC, I'm not too happy with the cake and then it is the favorite of 1 or more persons. As I said it is maybe silly, but I have only been baking for 1 year now and I am always looking for approval, even on my customer's faces. If they do not say anything or even look happy I would be upset for a few days, thinking they did not like the cake.

4 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 5

I favorite cakes that I want to try, and cakes that are so technically perfect all I can do is marvel at them icon_wink.gif

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 5

Sandysdream - I was thinking the same thing. Mostly, I think it's just a matter of the timing that your picture is posted.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 5

Yeh, at any given time, there are lots of photos being posted on here. And if you notice when you go to the homepage, only a few show up on the "New Pics Posted" section. Otherwise, they just go into the pages of the gallery for people to sort through.

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5

I never use cc recipes, but for pictures a favorite can be any type of cake, good bad or otherwise... alot of my favs are ones that are amazing, but alot others are cake that i like a certain element or has something in it i need to replicate for a cake order I have...
i think for recipes people are probably hesistant to try a recipe with no ratings or favs or comments it may be great but maybe no one will try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%