Cake Externship

Business By simplicake Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 12:36pm by minicuppie

simplicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplicake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:26am
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone! I'm not sure how many businesses in the greater Bay Area of California read this forum, but I figured I would give this a shot.

I just finished my final module of classes for my Associates of Science in Culinary Arts. As the final chapter of my degree, I need to find an externship site to work for 180 hours, approximately 36 hours a week for five weeks. My services are FREE, I am insured by the school and it would only take a bit of paperwork to set it up. I can also start immediately or anywhere within the next three weeks.

I have been interested in and worked with cake/cake decoration throughout school and on the side during school. I would like to find a nice cake shop that wouldn't mind taking me in to learn from.

If anyone is interested in getting to know me better for such a position, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I am going to be in the Bay Area this weekend looking for sites and can come visit shops or interview for the position.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 2

A good place to ask is a hotel kitchen. Just call and make an appt with the F&B manager. Another good place are restaurants and bakeries that have just opened. They always need help and you may get to do more than wash and grease pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%