Plastic Plate On 3D Standing Cake

Decorating By babeebk Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 2:43am by babeebk

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:51am
post #1 of 4

I've seen several pictures of various cake armatures using pvc pipe. I've pretty much figured out how to build the cake skeleton but I can't figure out what to do for the plastic plate. Do I need to just drill a hole in the center of it so I can "thread" it over the center PVC pipe? Is there somewhere I can buy plastic separator plates with a hole already cut in the center?

3 replies
babeebk Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 4

anyone???

Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by babeebk

I've seen several pictures of various cake armatures using pvc pipe. I've pretty much figured out how to build the cake skeleton but I can't figure out what to do for the plastic plate. Do I need to just drill a hole in the center of it so I can "thread" it over the center PVC pipe? Is there somewhere I can buy plastic separator plates with a hole already cut in the center?

Hi, are you talking about plates used within a sculpted cake to support layers above it? Do you have a picture of what you are trying to accomplish? icon_smile.gif [/u]

babeebk Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

it looks like this:

I'm trying to figure out how to cut the hole. Or can I buy separator plates with a hole pre-cut...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%