Very Frustrated With This Order!!

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 9:51pm by costumeczar

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:59pm
post #31 of 38

not being licensed and inspected doesn't mean you can't make an agreement with someone else...it would be between you and the other person. not between abc cakes if abc cakes doesn't exist. is abc cakes a registered business name(just curious...I mean, I know abc cakes ain't the actual name of the business(at least, I think I know) )?

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #32 of 38

question.....for all of you who posted that she should have gotten a contract first, how does that work when you're not running a licensed bakery? How can you "enforce" the contract when it would say contract between client and abc cakes when abc cakes isn't a legal intity?

Quote:
Quote:

Legally, you cannot enforce a contract involving a non-legal entity. You must become legal for the business to be able to hold legal standing. This is why you should be a legal business first, THEN do business with clients.

Ok, so I obviously do not know how to use the QUOTE button yet icon_redface.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm
post #33 of 38

Anyone CAN enforce a contract, as an individual, with another individual without being a legal business first. One can NOT enforce a contract as a business if the business doesn't legally exist. Therefore, the contract would be between Jane and Susie(whatever) and not between Jane's Cake Creations and Susie (whatever).

Jazlady999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazlady999 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:27pm
post #34 of 38

So, does anyone have a sample of the contract they use?

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:42pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Anyone CAN enforce a contract, as an individual, with another individual without being a legal business first. One can NOT enforce a contract as a business if the business doesn't legally exist. Therefore, the contract would be between Jane and Susie(whatever) and not between Jane's Cake Creations and Susie (whatever).

right. that's my point reallly. I was curious why you would have a contract for "smaller" orders. for those legal bakers, do you ever enforce the contracts? just curious...

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm
post #36 of 38

I don't know if contracts would fly with me since i'm not a thriving business and most of my 'clientele' are friends, family, or friends of friends. I can definately see myself asking for some assurance (contract or deposit) from people i don't know, but from people i do know? It's sort of offensive, i imagine.
I think that what i need to do at this point in my selling 'career' is to make sure customers know not only how much per cookie but the entire total as well so that they know what to prepare for.

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 9:32pm
post #37 of 38

I live in canada, in a large bookstore (Chapters) I've seen pre packaged cookies sell for $5-$7. And I only "sell" to friends for cost and $20 would only cover the cost of ingredients for a plain BC covered 9 X 13 (is that a 1/4 sheet?)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 9:51pm
post #38 of 38

Get payment in advance, then it ceases to be an issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%