Ham Cake

Decorating By kjbishop2003 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 2:24pm by kjbishop2003

kjbishop2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjbishop2003 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have directions, including pan size, to make a "ham cake"? I want to make one for Easter like the ones pictured at CakeCentral, with the pineapple and cherry (in the fridge). Hopefully using buttercream. I did the Turkey cake at Thanksgiving and my family LOVED it!!! I need to practice...so ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:40am
post #2 of 4

Here are ham cakes from the CC galleries:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=ham&album=-&search_user=

It will be easier to help if you pick one you like and then ask questions.

(Also, how many servings do you need?)

HTH

kjbishop2003 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Jan! I'm still new to this! I'd love to make the Ham cake that's like the one "donkate" posted on 10/20/09, if possible. I'm pretty sure they used a wonder pan mold, but I can't quite figure out the sequence of decorating it to look like a ham, especially with the rim, bone, ham. I've also never scored buttercream. I've looked everywhere for directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The people in my hubby's office really want this one! Thanks!!!

kjbishop2003 Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 4

Does anyone have directions on how to make the "ham cake" like the one donkate made on 10/20/09? I'm desperate!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%