White Velvet Cake

Baking By lv14 Updated 5 Sep 2014 , 1:28am by mmoose

lv14 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 11

I came across a recipe submitted on this site. The cake is called "White Velvet cake" and the ingredients it calls for is this:

1 box white cake mix (I prefer Pillsbury)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sourcream
1 4oz box white chocolate pudding
1-1/4 cups White Chocolate Mocha coffee creamer (Internation Delight)
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites
1 tsp clear vanilla (you can use pure vanilla but it wont be a pure white cake)

can someone explain to me what kind of pudding we're talking about? The little boxes of instant pudding mix is only 1 oz while the bigger boxes are 2.5 oz. Is this supposed to a cup of the ready-to-eat pudding you'd find in the refrigerated section at the market? I'm at a loss and really want to try this recipe out. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

10 replies
sadsmile Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 11

Well 4oz is 4oz, but I am guessing it's a typo. Try one regular small box.

Marniela Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 11

I tried this recipe. I used a small box of sugar free white chocolate pudding as I couldn't find the regular. It turned out okay--I would try the regular pudding next time. Good luck!

CrazyCatLady Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 11

All of the Jello brand dry instant puddings I have on hand range from 3.4oz to 3.9oz (the four-serving size box).

I do not have that particular flavor, but a small box would be between 3 to 4oz as well.

lv14 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady

All of the Jello brand dry instant puddings I have on hand range from 3.4oz to 3.9oz (the four-serving size box).

I do not have that particular flavor, but a small box would be between 3 to 4oz as well.

Hmm... maybe I overlooked it and bought the kind you're supposed to cook. I will check out a different market. Thanks.

KHalstead Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 11

instant pudding comes in a 4oz. pkg.

lv14 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 11

Its actually 3.3 oz and its only for the regular pudding. The sugar free is the 1 oz boxes. Had to go check them out at the grocery store a 2nd time! haha. Thanks.

I was not able to find the white choc. 3.3 oz so instead I had to improvise. Bought the 3.3 oz vanilla and melted white choc chips to add into my mix and omitted the vanilla flavoring. Came out great regardless.

mamawrobin Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 11

The white chocolate pudding mix is actually 3.3 oz. I love the white velvet cake, make it regularly.

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 11

Yep sorry about that I just guessed when I wrote the recipe, the regular pudding ,smaller of the 2 sizes (not sugar free) comes in 3.3-4oz pkgs. depending on the brand.
And the Jello Brand White Chocolate is 3.3 oz
I can only find it at Walmart, but that's just in my area other stores my carry it elsewhere.

crazyladybaker Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:32am
post #10 of 11

This sounds yummy. I am going to try it!

mmoose Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 1:28am
post #11 of 11

Ive made this recipe lots and love it now someone is asking if I can make it sugar free.  I know use the sugar free pudding and a sugar free cake but what about splendia instead of sugar.  I know this is an old post but hoping someone can help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%