Stack Of Books - How Tall Do I Make The Cakes?

Decorating By vagostino Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm by vagostino

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!

How tall should I make the cakes to make them look like books? 4 inch or 2 inches. They only want 30 serving out of the cake and they want two books stacked.
Should I make them 2 inch thick so then I can count them both as a "regular 4 inch" serving?
IF I make it two inches should I tort them once?

I'm looking at serving charts for party cakes and already a 9x13 feeds 45!

Anyone knows if there is a tutorial out there for this?

Thanks!

3 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 4

I think a 9x13 would only feed about 24 unless it is a 2 layer cake. I would probably use a 10x15 pan. I would divide the cake, making 1 piece 10x8 or 8 1/2 and the other piece would be 10x7 or 6 1/2. You could split them and fill if you wanted to. When I put them together, I would of course put the larger "book" on the bottom and then angle the 2nd "book" on top of that. Don't think you want each book 4" high, that would be a mighty thick book.

vagostino Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

ok so I should bake only a 10X15 2 inches high right? and then just have two books with the dimensions you said that are each 2 inches high each?
accordiing to the wilton chart an 11x15 sheet cake that is two layers serves 60, so if i only make it one layer that will serve the 30 i need right?

vagostino Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 4

ok so I should bake only a 10X15 2 inches high right? and then just have two books with the dimensions you said that are each 2 inches high each?
accordiing to the wilton chart an 11x15 sheet cake that is two layers serves 60, so if i only make it one layer that will serve the 30 i need right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%