Mff Vs. Chocopan

Decorating By amysue99 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm by dream

amysue99 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 11

Is the MFF white chocolate version comparable to the white Chocopan? I got to work with some Chcoopan recently and was amazed at howeasy it was to work with. Will be trying the MFF recipe this week and was just wondering how it compared.....

10 replies
amysue99 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 11

No one has any idea?

Chippi Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 11

I have only worked with Chocopan once before it was black. I have not made white choco version of MFF. Here is a bump maybe someone here surely has. icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 11

Can't help with the comparison to chocopan but MFF is by far my favorite fondant. It is the best in my book. I make the white chocolate version all the time. It is a very good quaility fondant for a very good price.

dream Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 11

Maybe it will help if you changed MFF to MMF (Marshmallow Fondant). They may be confused.

mamawrobin Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream

Maybe it will help if you changed MFF to MMF (Marshmallow Fondant). They may be confused.

I will take MFF over MMF any day. For some reason I just don't care for MMF. I am however a huge MFF fan icon_wink.gif .

Sagebrush Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream

MMF is marshmallow fondant. MFF is Michelle Foster's fondant. The acronyms are frustratingly close, but Michelle Foster's is the recipe that has a white chocolate version, so the other posters were correct in using the MFF acronym.

HTH

ibmoser Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 11

It has been a while since I have used Chocopan, but I remember it as being a little softer and stretchier (is that a real word?!?) than MFF with white chocolate added. I really like MFF - with or without chocolate added. if you knead it well before using, it develops a nice texture.

amysue99 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks guys! I love chocopan for it's stretchiness and the fact that it does not dry out very quickly. Making the MFF today and excited to see how it is!

dream Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks guys! I really was thinking it should have been MMF. Thanks for clearing that up. I have made MFF before but I had forgot all about it. I love MFF it is yummy. I haven't made it in a long time.

dream Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 11

Matter of fact maybe you can help me with an old post that I posted a while back. I had trouble with MFF and posted a picture.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6062748-.html#6062748

I don't think I ever figured out what was wrong with it. ahahhahhaa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%