Need Ideas, Please!

Baking By krm52200 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 1:21am by TracyLH

krm52200 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 10

I've been asked at the last minute to provide cookies for a sock hop at my daughter's school tomorrow night. I would love to make poodle cookies but I can't get my hands on a cutter in time. Does anyone have any other ideas for the 50's theme?

Thanks so much!

9 replies
Eisskween Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 10

Saddle shoes, records, skirts with a poodle on it, music notes, old-fashioned microphone, leather jacket, letterman's sweater.

Just throwing them out there. Sounds like a lot of fun! icon_smile.gif

kneadacookie Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 10

sock hop cookies

krm52200 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks for the ideas and the cookies pictured are adorable. The work is fantastic! I guess I should have been more clear, I'm trying to figure out what I could do that wouldn't require special cutters since I have to kind of work with what I have on hand. Since I have to do a large quantity I don't really want to work with hand cutting cookies from templates. I think the record album is probably my best bet since I would only need a circle cutter. Of course these kids will have no idea what a record is!

Thanks again for the help!

LeckieAnne Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 10

I don't know how many you have to make, but you can print out and make a template onto cardboard - then cut your cookies by hand if really wanted to. It wouldn't be real hard to cut out the juke boxes by hand.

krm52200 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 10

Well, I just called the decorating supply store again and they actually received their shipment and now have the poodle cutter I wanted!! Yeah!! So I will be heading there this afternoon. Since I have to make at least 150 of them I really didn't want to do cardboard templates. Its going to take long enough as it is!

Thank you all again for your wonderful ideas and input.

LeckieAnne Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 10

Good for you! icon_smile.gif

cindy58 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 10

The jukebox looks like it could be done with the Wilton comfort grip tombstone one if you have that one.

If you have a Surla Table near you, I'm pretty sure that they have a poodle cutter for $1.

luv2bake6 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 10:40pm
post #9 of 10

I love that saddle shoe!

TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #10 of 10

Glad it all worked out just in time! I was going to suggest records. I did some and they were a breeze. I will have to say that my favorite part of seeing this thread was seeing Kneadacookie's Sock Hop cookies again! icon_biggrin.gif Too, too cute!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%