Cobblestone Impression Mat

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 12:03am by plbennett_8

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 5

I've not used an impression mate. I'm assuming I make an imprint from the cobblestone onto the fondant BEFORE I apply to cake??

Any tips? TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:47am
post #2 of 5

I have done both ways. I did a Santa cake using the brick impression mat...I simply cut out 4 pieces of fondant and then placed the mat over them, rolled it out and then placed the panels on my cake. I have also placed my fondant or BC on to the cake and then pressed my mat onto the cake and used a rocking motion back and forth to get the nice impression onto my cake. Hope this makes sense icon_smile.gif

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:48am
post #3 of 5

Well.. this is what it says in the product description for the mats from the link you pasted:

Give your fondant cakes an exciting new texture with this easy-to-use imprint mat. Just smooth your rolled fondant over the mat, place on your cake and peel back the mat. The recessed design imprinted in the fondant adds beautiful definition that helps even white cakes stand out.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj22

Well.. this is what it says in the product description for the mats from the link you pasted:

Give your fondant cakes an exciting new texture with this easy-to-use imprint mat. Just smooth your rolled fondant over the mat, place on your cake and peel back the mat. The recessed design imprinted in the fondant adds beautiful definition that helps even white cakes stand out.

Thanks but I didn't actually paste that link or even look at it. I have found that on this site, some words automatically highlight and link to certain product descriptions. For example "Cake boss" links to the software, even if you're referring to the TV show.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:03am
post #5 of 5

It's usually best to apply the impression as soon as you have smoothing your fondant on to your cake... Otherwise, while you are adhering it to the cake you are wiping out the pattern... Apply...impress... At least that works best for me. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%