Patting Myself On The Back

Baking By SugarBakerz Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm by GeminiRJ

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #1 of 6

Ok, I have had SO MANY FAILED iced cookie attempts that I had given up. Then a friend of mine (CAMBO) suggested I try a Railroad Crossing sign for a cookie gift bag for DS's upcoming Thomas & Friends party. I was skeptical but went ahead and tried Penny's cookie recipe. (every recipe I use would spread!) I have to say the recipe is delicious and the glaze she posted with it is GREAT too. The cookies are Penny's cookies with Penny's Glazed icing and trimmed in royal accents. I have lots of work to do for the steady royal hand, but for DS this weekend, I think they will be a hit. Thanks for looking and thanks to my CC pals who push me to get better! <3 ya CAMS!
LL

5 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:45am
post #2 of 6

Those look great!!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 6

Great job! See, you can do it!!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 6

You did a great job!! I can't tell you how many failed attempts I have had when I am first trying to teach myself something. Congrats to you on not giving up! thumbs_up.gif Now a whole new world has opened up for you. icon_smile.gif

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 6

Great Job!

I am still learning too! But if you take your time, you'll find what methods and icing recipes work best for you. Don't forget to experiment and have patience!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 6

I can't believe there are many decorators out there who did fabulous work on their first try. As EvMarie said, you need to find the methods and icing that works for you. Then the practice part of "practice makes perfect" really kicks in! I'd say you're doing pretty darn good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%