Need Help From Bettercreme Experts

Decorating By QueenBee1 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 12:05am by Melvira

QueenBee1 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #1 of 6

I am making some 2" round carrot cake bites for a party this weekend. I will be doing cream cheese frosting swirls on top. I have 2 quarts of Rich's (liquid) Bettercreme in the freezer and have decided to use this (based on all of the rave reviews for the product) instead of making cream cheese frosting from scratch. I bought the Bettercreme a while back planning to use it for frosting cupcakes, and I haven't gotten around to that yet.

My questions are: (1) Should I flavor the Bettercreme with actual cream cheese or using the powdered cheesecake pudding mix and milk technique that Melvina recommended in another post? I have a bunch of cream cheese, so that wouldn't be a problem. If using the mix would make it better and a better consistency for piping, please let me know.

(2) About how much liquid Bettercreme should I whip up to pipe swirls on about 100 2" cake bites.

Since I haven't used the Bettercreme before, whatever other advice you all can give will be greatly appreciated. I have seen discussions about figuring out when it is whipped enough and the possibility of overwhipping it. This is a concern to me.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

5 replies
Melvira Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 6

Hey QueenBee! I can try to help a little.

I would suggest using the cheesecake pudding method simply because it will be less 'spoilable' than actual cream cheese. Honestly, I have changed the way I like to do that, just slightly. I like to make the pudding using half as much milk as the package calls for, then whip my Bettercreme, then fold the two together.

I'm not sure how much you'll need, but I can give you an example... 2 cups of liquid Bettercreme will fill and ice (generously) approximately 2 dozen regular sized cupcakes once it's whipped. It also depends on how much 'other stuff' you add. That will increase the volume of course.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Thanks to JanH for bringing this thread to my attention! thumbs_up.gif

QueenBee1 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you Melvira for your reply. I realize that I misspelled your name in my post. Please forgive me. Thank you for the information. This is very helpful. Based on the example you gave, I can guesstimate how much Bettercreme mixture I'll need.

Thank you to JanH as well for bringing my post to your attention!!

Melvira Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 6

Typos happen, absolutely NO offense taken! icon_lol.gif At least you didn't call me something BAD!! icon_cry.gif

Again, let me know if I can help in any way!

QueenBee1 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 6

Hi Melvira. I have one more question about the cheesecake flavored Bettercreme. For the mixture that you mentioned above, do you use the entire package of cheesecake pudding with the 2 cups of Bettercreme?

That's it for now. Thanks again!!

Melvira Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:05am
post #6 of 6

No problem at all! And yes, I would use a whole (4 serving) package for that much Bettercreme, but you may find you want to add more or less to meet your personal taste preference! (Or those of whomever you are making it for!) I think you will like it though, I personally LOVE it! thumbs_up.gif Maybe a little too much!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%