Need A New Name... Any Ideas?

Business By JaneDee Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 4:32am by EvMarie

JaneDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneDee Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 22

I have had the same boring business name for over a year now and since I had problems with my current (now ex) website company and wanted the .com to match my name, I decided it's time I change it since I have canceled with them and am going to make a new website with all my new cakes. I went with that name at first because I ran into this same problem... I am not good with coming up with these great business names that some of you have! I have been thinking about it for too long and decided to try CC out for ideas hoping someone might be able to help me out.
So with that said, does anyone have any ideas on a new business name?
Thanks so much for reading!!

21 replies
Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 22

For ideas think about your favorite part of baking/cake decorating, favorite flavor. And/or find out what that word is in another language.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:45am
post #3 of 22

What city are you in?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of 22

Yeah, give us a little more to brainstorm with.

street name? city? other interests? home-business? cakes only or other desserts?

Cakesbylissette has a great suggestion about the language thing.

I played around with lots of ideas and never was truly set on one. One day my mom suggested "Three Forks Cakes." Three Forks is the name of our road. I guess since it was right under my nose, I hadn't even thought of it.

JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:46am
post #5 of 22

I thought about the language thing, the only other language I might be interested in using is Polish because of my mother.... But anyway, I am in Richmond, VA. I don't really have too many other interests/hobbies. I am mother of one little girl, her name is Eve. A family member actually had a name idea with her name incorporated but just not quite what I was looking for. I do cakes and a few other things my main focus and sold items are cakes and cake balls. I really like some of the names with Company, Shoppe, Bakery.... at the end but I am not like set on having that at the end 100% I just thought a lot of the names with those in them were catchy and what not... I really hope that is enough info, I'm dying to set up my new website, I rarely updated my old one just because I didn't like the company... But anyway, sorry to ramble... Please help if you can! Thanks so much to those who at least read my ramble!

JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:48am
post #6 of 22

Oh and yes I forgot to add, my street is Stuart Avenue, and yes, I run the business out of my home. icon_smile.gif *day dreaming* one day, one day! I'll have a little cake shop like some of you. I can only dream for now! icon_razz.gif
*So jealous*

Somehow I read right over the Three Forks comment, (getting tired I suppose) but that is interesting and lucky if you had ended up using it! Smile

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:54am
post #7 of 22

Jane's sweet deelites

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:14am
post #8 of 22

Sweet Shoppe on Stuart
Is that too much of a tongue twister??

cksweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cksweets Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:50am
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanJess

Sweet Shoppe on Stuart
Is that too much of a tongue twister??

i like this...but only if you are staying on Stuart. if not, i'm sure you don't want to be changing names when you're finally able to open a shop. you don't want to confuse your clients too much! icon_smile.gif

if you are staying...i like Stuart Sweet Shoppe. kinda a play on the above quote.

p.s...i feel your pain on the cake shop thing...but for now, i'm enjoying just "practicing" for family and friends. icon_smile.gif

JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:34pm
post #10 of 22

You're cakes are great cksweets! At least you'll have no problem when you are ready. icon_smile.gif There's so many things I still have yet to learn but I'm excited to learn them. I have a few family weddings coming up, I doubt they'll contact me for a cake but it'd be awesome if they let me design something small to go to their wedding for a start! I think I would be able to handle a wedding cake the one and only thing that seems a little overwhelming to me right now is the whole stacking tiers things, I always feel like the ones I've practiced could topple over at any moment and was never really clear on what's the best way to stack BC cakes. I do like those name ideas though icon_smile.gif (Wow sorry I ramble too much and it's only 7:30AM) >_<

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

Jane's sweet deelites

I like this idea thumbs_up.gif

cksweets Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:43pm
post #12 of 22

i'm loving Jane's Sweet Deelites!! too!! very catchy!!

thanks jane. i'm just a beginner too and i totally understand your pain regarding the stacking thing. i live in texas and in the country...so many of my deliveries are scary bc of the roads, etc. i'm working to find a new easy and inexpensive way right now. i'll keep you posted if you want. icon_smile.gif i know a lot of members swear by the sbs system, which is okay if i get them back. but if i don't i'm afraid they may cost too much. and people are already a little sticker shocked when i tell them how much, even if i only charge for supplies! crazy! lol. i just switched over to the plastic dowels and like them but my shears keep breaking. guess this isn't really about the name thing...but thought i'd just ramble along w/ya!! icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:01pm
post #13 of 22

Sweet Eve's deelites, or Sweet Eve's Confections

JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 22

Yes please do keep me posted. I never mind getting off topic, I am usually the first to do so anyway. lol as I already have icon_razz.gif

I like that name too btw, just to get myself back on the topic at hand icon_rolleyes.gif

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 10:26pm
post #15 of 22

SweetDee's Cakes

La Dee Da Cakes

cksweets Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:18pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookieladycc

SweetDee's Cakes

La Dee Da Cakes

love these too! icon_smile.gif

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:46am
post #17 of 22

You could just call it Eve's Sweet Shoppe. You're logo could be a play on Eve. You could go three ways (1) something with a cresent moon. As in "Christmas" Eve, as in the night time. I can't really see it clearly, but some kind of cute moon with fun font. Have you ever seen when you play the beginning of a movie and that one particular movie company has a cresent moon with a little boy sitting at the bottom of the moon fishing? I'm thinking something cartoony or dreamy. There is also a cake by CakesUnleased on CC of a cresent moon. Boy, it's really cool. Look it up, it evokes a feeling for sure. Of course I'm not suggesting you copy her design.....but the feeling behind it is what I am referring to. (2) You could go with Adam & Eve. If you aren't afraid to identify religiously. You'd be first in the phone book when you get to advertising! (3) And, ever see the movie Baby Boom? The lady in it put her baby's face right on her jelly jars. Your daughter is gorgeous. Take a pic & add an effect to it. They have tricks to make the pic look black and white, or like a pencil sketch.

There are a ton of cute images that include a cupcake or a tiered cake but it doesn't have to be. As long as you have something simple and cute with a fun font displaying your name....hopefully "Eve's Sweet Shoppe", you can print that logo on labels and include it on every box that you deliver or every business card you hand out.

Good Luck!

JaneDee Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:40am
post #18 of 22

Wow... EvMarie I just typed a long reply but as usual my rambling just got too much. I will have to sleep first and reply in the morning.
I cannot thank you enough. Literally.
(Might explain tomorrow but not important)
Just so many thanks to you ladies who gave me such good ideas.
I am really liking Eve's Sweet Shoppe (and the similar "sweet shoppe" names)
I am going to check different combinations on godaddy before I get too stuck on one of them.
Thank you so much! You ladies don't know the least about me but I love you so much!! lol You have no idea. (Not only for the name ideas but I wouldn't be half this far without this site and it's helpful members.) Good night for now (before I start another rambling!!)

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:33am
post #19 of 22

I like so many of these. After reading all the Dee-names I got an idea. You could use the word "Deelicious."
I would not recommend Adam and Eve and not because of religious things but (without saying too much) I right away think of the Adam and Eve online store and people will think that you only make naughty cakes...

JaneDee Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:40am
post #20 of 22

yes! and forgive me I'm "supposed" to be sleeping hehe but DH is watch tv so i think I'm good for now but anyway... I did find it kind of crappy to say the least for those who have the Sugar Shack names because I really like their names but if you just search Sugar Shack it's something naughty. So in a way I want to be careful not to come across an accidentally search for my cakes and come up with something naughty ya know. lol Okay now he really is telling me to stop rambling, he can hear the keyboard haha Good night icon_smile.gif

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 8:27pm
post #21 of 22

Eve's Heavenly Edibles?

Eve's Heavenly Cakes/Confectionary?

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:32am
post #22 of 22

On second thought...I'd ax the Adam & Eve too! I didn't realize what the results would be. Oh boy ---- that's funny on it's own. But not funny if it was your business name!

Wooopsie!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%