So Dh Says "i Killed The Pig"...

Decorating By catlharper Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 12:01am by KawaiiCakeCook

catlharper Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 4

So night before last I was at the Kitchen and found I had leftover pink fondant mixed with tylose. I figured, why waste it, I'll just make a pig figure and store it for the next baby shower or whatever that I might need it. So I made the pig yesterday at home and set it up with my cake stands to dry...nicely supported and everything...on top of the pantry.

Well, my dear sweet husband apparent knocked the pantry hard enough to make the pig come toppling down...head rolling onto the ground, snout coming off (how the ears stayed on I have NO idea). I walk back into the room and he has this mournful little kid expression on his face and looks at me and says "I'm sorry, I don't know how it happened but..I killed the pig" LOL!

I rolled laughing and he's looking at me like "why aren't you furious at me?" or maybe it was "did I drive her around the bend?"...till I finally let him off the hook explaining that the pig was just a figure I was making cause I didn't want to waste materials! LOL! Poor guy was beside himself! Guess he'll be a bit more careful with the pantry doors from now on, eh? LOL!

My laugh for the day, thought I'd share it with those who would understand!

3 replies
jammjenks Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 4

What a funny story. I'm just glad he didn't try to blame it on the cake gremlins. That's who always does mean things in my kitchen when I'm not looking. icon_lol.gif

malakainrop Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 4

awww shucks....... here I was thinkin you were gonna tell us you had a freezer full of bacon, ham and porkie pig sausages!!

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:01am
post #4 of 4

I love my husband, but he once ate half of my samples I had for a tasting, he looked at me, "Well why were they all cut up?" *ARGGGG* We had as my mama used to call it a "come to jesus speech" (think southern baptist preacher on the pulpit screaming about hell and brimstone) . Now he sulks around the kitchen when he hears the kitchen aid going. You're lucky you have such a caring husband. It think mine would have tried to put it back together with glue before I noticed the damage icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%