Fondant Decoration On Bc?

Decorating By cakeaddictunite Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 12:30am by indydebi

cakeaddictunite Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 8

how long in advance can I put a fondant decoration on a BC covered cake? the decoration in about an inch thick. and its black so any tips on weather I should put something under it between the fondant and the BC? I dont want the fondant to melt. icon_surprised.gif

7 replies
jammjenks Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 8

When is the cake due?

If the decoration is heavy, you can attach it with candy melts.

cakeaddictunite Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 8

its due Sunday. it is heavy and long but it will be laying on cake the whole length-its a full size tommy-gun~the cake is aprox 20 x 36. and it will be covered in BC

jammjenks Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:05am
post #4 of 8

If that was my order, I'd put it on as late as possible. Maybe Friday, but not before that. JMO

cakeaddictunite Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:08am
post #5 of 8

thanks jammjenks that helps alot! I think i'm gonna put it on Sat. night then.thank you so much! you guys are always so helpful thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:10am
post #6 of 8

I made my 50th BD cake, iced in BC with fondant decors all over it. I was serving it at one of my fraternity caterings ... which meant that for 3 days, I was getting up at 4:30 a.m. and not getting home until after 8:00 p.m., plus the 2 days it took me to move supplies and equipment to the venue. So you can imagine that I didn't have a lot of spare time to do a cake at the last minute.

I had this cake done and decorated by either Thursday or Friday and it was served on Sat. No problems what so ever.

cakeaddictunite Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8

indydebi I painted it with blk food gel color and vodka~wont the color bleed on the BC?

indydebi Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:30am
post #8 of 8

Hmmmm..... I'll have to abstain from that one and leave it for another CC'er who is more of a fondant expert than me. I used the spray luster dust (PME brand) on my pieces (here's the cake: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1303013 ) so I wasn't working with gel and vodka. THat may make a difference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%