Putting Roses In A Cake

Decorating By jenlynnlmt Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 12:01am by MACakes

jenlynnlmt Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 9

i can not remember the name of the things you put the stem in to put it in the cake..can anyone help me out

8 replies
Relznik Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 9

In the UK, we call them a 'posy pick'.

AngelaM Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 9

Posy picks or flower spikes.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 9

They are called flower spikes or picks. I make my own by cutting straws and melting the ends of one side together. Use a bubble tea straw for the really big stems. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

jenlynnlmt Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 9

THANKS!!! anyone know where i can get them in bulk..all i can find is 12 packs icon_sad.gif

jenlynnlmt Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 9

i was thinking about the using straws.. but the melting the sides together are ok to stick into a cake??

Mug-a-Bug Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 9

I would think so. How do you think they got the plastic into a straw shape in the first place?? I assume they melted the plastic and poured it into some sort of mold. I would just be careful not to breathe any of the fumes.

AngelaM Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 9

I've also read that people will stuff some fondant in the hole of the straw to seal it off, and some will pipe candy melts into the bottom.

MACakes Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 12:01am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the great ideas. Always looking for a way to save $$

Quote by @%username% on %date%