The Bikini Cake

Decorating By debbs0723 Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 6:15am by Butterfly27

debbs0723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbs0723 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all,
I've looked at the bikini cakes on here and I have to do one for a customer this weekend. I will be using the 11x15 pan as well as the sports ball pan for the boobs. I'm wondering the following?

1.) Should I put each "boob" on its own board with down supports underneath it or is the 1/2 sports ball pan light enough that it won't affect the bottom layer?

2.) If I don't need to put them each on their own board with supports underneath should I still use dowel rods through each to hold them in place?

3.) Any ideas on what to use for the nipples? I'm using buttercream and MMF. This is the least of my concerns but I thought as long as I was asking I would ask this.

Thank you,
Debbie

2 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 3

I didn't use boards on my torso cake, and didn't have problems. It was the same sizes you are using. I used fondant for the nipples.

Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:15am
post #3 of 3

I used the same pans for my torso cake that you will be using for your's and I didn't use any boards or dowels. I had no problems with the cake at all. I used all buttercream for my cake including the nipples but fondant will work too. HTH! Good Luck. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%