Sources For Vintage Clip Art And Postcards?

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 6:04am by kickasscakes

BakingGirl Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 8

I am just wondering if any of you know of a good online source of vintage / retro clip art and greeting card images? Bakerella had a recent post where she had made vintage Valentine cookie pops, using vintage Valentine cards printed on icing sheets. They were absolutely adorable. It got me thinking it would be a great thing to do as a gift for birthdays, baby showers, Christmas etc. I have been searching the internet for a good source of images but either the downloads are too expensive, or the free sites have mostly just black and white line drawings. I particularly like the retro styles of the 50's and 60's. Any suggestions would be fantastic!

7 replies
BakingGirl Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 8

Since nobody else has chimed in I will share with you what I eventually found. I kept searching and eventually came across some nice downloadable collage sheets on I downloaded some really fun images which I am going to use for cookies, if I can ever get the @*#$% printer to work.

kello Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 8

I too saw Bakerella's cookies. I loved them! Have you tried emailing her? Maybe she could give you some insight on where to look. I too love the old vintage stuff.

drakegore Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 12:11am
post #4 of 8

try dover publications on line. they have absolutely fantastic clip art collections from every era and geographic area (copyright free too).

kickasscakes Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:13am
post #5 of 8

I did actually email Bakerella, and asked where she got those sweet valentines pics, and where I could find more. Have not heard anything back, yet.

BakingGirl Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 5:49am
post #7 of 8

For some reason I did not get the notification to say I had replies here, but thanks all for your helpful replies. Chilz822, you found some great images there! snowbuns, let me know what Bakerella says if she gets back to you.

kickasscakes Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:04am
post #8 of 8

I will definately!

I saw those google pics when I searched. Now only if I can get the water mark off the image...

Quote by @%username% on %date%