Cost Of Edible Images

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm by Price

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 5:50am
post #1 of 4

How much would you say you pay for 8 x11 edible image to print? I am not talking about the printer itself. Say the ink and fosting sheet. I am currently paying 9.00 a page to have them printed for me. I am just starting out and know that I need to be using at least weekly to keep ink head clean. But I am debating if it would be cost effective for me to buy my own and not be dependent on dropping off and going back to pick up image. (I have to wait 2 days to pick up) My gas isn't even figureed into that price above. How many pages do you print from 1 set of ink, realizing this will vary with color combos. Thanks for the help.

3 replies
saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 4

Even if you buy the sheets through Kopykake (which is on the high side), you would only be spending about $1.56/sheet. Add the ink and you are probably around $3 or $4/sheet. I would even think less, depending on the amount of color involved. I can't figure on the amount of sheets per cartridge, because it really depends on how much of one color is used....make sense? I calculate $5/sheet.

If you will be using it often then it is definitely worth buying it in my opinion. HTH

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 4

I charge a flat $10 for an edible image on top of the cost of the cake. I bought a printer a few years ago for $60, plenty of printers around that are cheap enough. Even with the occasional use, it was easier and cheaper to have my own printer.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 4

It cost me $110.00 for 1 pkg. of frosting sheets and 1 set of ink cartridges for my Epson from Kopykake. I estimate $4.50 per sheet at least.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%