Calla Lillies...

Decorating By jenncowin Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 10:28pm by TexasSugar

jenncowin Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 4

I watched the 4 part tutorial on Youtube by tonedna on how to do gumpaste Calla Lillies. I am inspired to make Calla's now!!! I have a few stamens drying and will attempt the flower tomorrow. If you haven't seen her tutorials yet, WATCH THEM!!! She simplifies it so well!! I beleive there is a link on her it is:

3 replies
revskg Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 4

I watched them yesterday and loved them. It's nice to find a flower you can do with a basic cookie cutter. I'm planning a "calla fest" for this weekend.

jenncowin Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 4

Okay, I now have my Calla petals on the stamens hanging upside down to dry completely before I paint them! If you've watched Edna's tutorial, she uses a paper cone cup to dry her petals on after they've been formed. So hubby and I went to Staples and even looked at Wal-Mart in search of them-no luck in finding though. So now I'm brainstorming on what to use that has that same shape, no luck in my head. All of a sudden my hubby says "Party hats"...I knew I married him for a reason! All my Wal-Mart had was Spongebob, but they worked great! I think next time I make them I will tape some wax paper on the hats though because they did stick a bit where the glue was (maybe a bit less glue also).

I plan on posting a picture when I'm completely done with them! And Edna, if you're reading this, LOVE your tutorial!

TexasSugar Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 4

You can also use parchment bags. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%