No Idea How To Make This Topsy Turvy Cake..please Help!!!

Decorating By norfred Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 7:08pm by sadsmile

norfred Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone...i saw this beautiful cake here on cakecentral and thought it was perfect for my sister-in-laws baby shower. I promised to make her a beautiful cake and this one just seems to be the ideal design... the only problem i have is how to make the structure of it work where it will stay put. I am sure this has to have some sort of heavy dutry support system but I would so greatly appreciate any help you guys may offer on how to pull it off. I have sent a message to the creator of this masterpiece but have yet to hear from her and i really don't have much time. I need to figure it out as soon as possible. thank you all for any suggestions or ideas you may be able to share with me. thanks again.

having a hard time posting pic but here is the link that will take you to the pic here on cc

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1467420

thanks everyone

4 replies
katies_cakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 5

go to "articles" and search for how to make a topsy-turvey cake, there is a tutorial there and it is fantastic! it has photos and easy to follow instructions for every aspect of making a topsy turvey cake including the structure.

good luck x

sadsmile Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 5

also check you tube and search topsy turvy and watch those... very helpful!

MissyTex Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 5

OK, I have no experience with this type of design, but I am afflicted with OCD, Obsessive Cake Disorder, which means I am prone to surf the net and watch Food Network cake challenges at all hours of the day or night. I believe the support is an armature made with PVC pipe and elbows, or flanges or something to get those angles. I dont know exactly how the cakes are stacked on it though. Maybe there is an article here on CC. Or someone else will be able to post more info. I know I've seen info on this somewhere.

sadsmile Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 5

There are a couple different styles of TT's it depends on which style you are doing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%