Black Lustre Dust?

Baking By maladymay Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm by linedancer

maladymay Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has used the charcoal black lustre dust? I have a bunch of cookies that need to be iced with RI primarily in black, but... well... you know. I'm trying to avoid that gross bitter taste black leaves... Also, I don't want to add chocolate to darken it up first. I was wondering though, if it would maybe work if I just darkened my royal icing a little bit, and then went over it with black lustre dust? Would that make it pretty black? I know it would be sparkly, but that's probably ok.

5 replies
bonniebakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 6

hmmm... sorry I can't help, but I'd love to know the answer too!

maladymay Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

WOW. In case anyone else was wondering, mystery on black icing that isn't disgusting *solved*! I ended up just buying some, figuring worst case scenario it *doesn't* work like I needed it to and I use it for something else. NO NEED. This stuff is amazing. It made even white icing (after it was dry, of course) perfectly black. I think that I'darken it somewhat on the cookies first so I dont have to use so much dust, but this. stuff. is. awesome.

linedancer Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 6

Could I ask where you are finding this? Is it really luster dust or is it petal dust? Thanks

maladymay Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 6

Oh! Oops. I wasn't even paying attention. I was just so excited to have black icing. icon_redface.gif I checked. Petal dust.

So probably not the right option for people who want the sparkle (perfect for me tho! I didn't need it!) but I wonder if you could dry brush over the top with a silver or white for the shimmer?

linedancer Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 6

I found this but have not used it. It might work. Anyone else??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%