Bridal Expo / Wedding Show

Business By FlourChick Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm by FlourChick

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 5

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the topic so hopefully this isn't a repeat!

I'm going to probably be doing a bridal expo in a couple of weeks. I've never done one... can anyone who has done one tell me what they bring and what they do at the show? Not to state the obvious, but if I'm going to do the show then I want to book some weddings. Not to be even more obvious, but it would be fantastic to book the weddings right there at the show. Is that likely?

I'm bringing business cards, samples for 1000 and four model cakes. What else should I bring?

TIA

4 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 5

There are tons of topics on this! Try to go through the business forum pages and you'll see tons.

Ideas/thoughts that have come up in prior discussions:
-Don't expect to book on the spot, it's too hectic for that and overall not a good idea. You'll want to have time to consult with them. Booking the tasting consult would be good - so do take your appt. book.
-Have a sign-in sheet so you can follow up afterwards
-Find out how many brides they are expecting
-If possible, have a laptop on hand so ppl. can see your pics
-Network w/other vendors
-Be sure to have at least 2 people working the both - so you can talk to multiple ppl.
-Wear comfortable shoes/clothes

Eatmoorecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eatmoorecakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 5

When i do shows i always bring a artifical cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 5

Here's a thread to get you started. It has a number of photos of show set-ups. But, yeah ... go thru the biz forum or do a search for bridal shows. TONS of info available.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=580310&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bridal&&start=0

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone! I'll get searching!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%