Olympic Cookie Ring Cutter...

Baking By onlymadaresane Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 12:33pm by Peeverly

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 6

So I have this cookie cutter... http://www.annclark.com/product/213/traditional-cookie-cutters

I'm trying to think of a way to do them! Should I just do the 5 colors in little bags...at a bit thicker than normal flow...and then fill with white in the center? I'm having a hard time visualizing...

Or should I flood the whole thing white and then go with the rings (but I'm thinking that might be hard unless the icing is thicker for the rings- so it doesn't flow into a big ole color blob!)

Suggestions?!

5 replies
onlymadaresane Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 6

Okay now I'm thinking that since I have so many different colors to do..outline the outer edge and the inner circle with white...then fill with each color? Then fill the center with white?

onlymadaresane Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 6

Ladies! I know you've got something for me!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 6

I'd do it in fondant, but then that's my cookie decorating method of choice! icon_biggrin.gif You could lay down a white base in royal icing or fondant, then let dry and do red and blue fondant rings.

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 6

I would do the whole cookie in the white RMBC then outline all the colors with RI.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with Bobwonderbuns. Just what I was thinking when I read your question. If you are a royal fan then definitely flood base with white then cut your circles from mmf or fondant or rbc (whatever you like the best). This way your rings will be perfect. I don't know about you but piping circles in royal never works out for me. They are always off a bit and with these circles they really need to be perfect. Good luck and don't forget to post. Great cutter BTW!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%