My Own Birthday Cake

Decorating By Sox-n-Pats Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 4:55am by paula1234

Sox-n-Pats Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:57am
post #1 of 2

So, I turn 40 next month. Usually for my b-day, my family (hubby, 2 kids, sister down the street) does A) nothing, or B) a nondescript grocery store cake, or C) nothing.

I make my sister's kids cakes for their presents as they want, my kids too of course, cousins... etc (just like most here).

So, now it comes to mine. I've already put my family on notice that this is my 40th and I'll be d@m&d if I'm gonna get another generic cake that took absolutely no forethought and just screams "oops we forgot, let's grab something"

Now as I start to think about it, I have no idea how to design my own cake. No idea what I want, only that it's chocolate of course.

I'm a very simple person, I love my sports but don't want a sports cake; I'm a teacher, but will kill if I get an apple and ruler cake icon_biggrin.gif ; I'm not really a flower person, or animal prints; no "Over the Hill" stuff (I can still walk on my hands and flip on a balance beam- far from "the hill");

Maybe chocolate/brown fondant with white accents....????

Any ideas?

And any of the Vegas CCers wanna do it when I finally figure out what the heck I want?? icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
paula1234 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:55am
post #2 of 2

I was faced with the same problem this January. I am a single mother with 3 teenage boys. I made my own bd cake. I looked through the galleries here. My bd is Jan. 2nd and my aunt's bd is Jan. 4th, so we split it and celebrate it on the 3rd. I made a 2 tier, bottom tier light pink with an impression mat design, top tier light pink with a zebra print and on top I did a gumpaste shoe. Turned out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%