Product & Public Liability Insurance (Uk)

Business By CakeyKerry Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 9:33am by MissCakeCrazy

CakeyKerry Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:19am
post #1 of 4

Hi all - I'm just starting out with my home cake decorating business (gulp!) and I'm looking for product & public liability insurance in the UK. Can anyone give me any advice (what should I look for in particular?) and any recommendations for companies would be great!

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, I am in the same situation as you and am about to do this in the near future. You would need to obtain that insurance from the british sugarcrafts guild. You can obtain their info on their website. Their insurance for the year starts in April though so you would only be applying for the next 2 months before you have to renew it all over again.

CakeyKerry Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 4

Hi MissCakeCrazy! Maybe we should buddy up!!

Thank you for replying - you just reminded me that I actually bought insurance with my membership to the BS Guild, when I went to the Cake show at the NEC in Birmingham! How did I forget that?! (Honestly. If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!)

Now. Where did I put that insurance document?...

MissCakeCrazy Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:33am
post #4 of 4

I think the insurance is only viable if your earnings are £7500 or less so if you are just starting out, its Ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%