And Poof There It Went...such A Shame

Baking By shelbycompany Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 8:39pm by Heath

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 8

I was following the cookie story all day and now it is gone icon_sad.gif It was a good topic though.

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 8

LOL...I have to go look at (ugly!) houses in a few minutes and I was having trouble tearing myself away from the computer because I didn't want to miss anything and I knew it would be gone when I got home.

barbbouk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbbouk Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 8

What are they afraid of???? I don't get it......

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 8

Man, I miss everything!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 8

ANd the other thread that was talking about it just up and disapeared too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 8

The thread I removed today was nothing but a bunch of people attacking cakecentral and making inaccurate statements about our policies.

As for the other thread that was removed, while there might have been some useful information, there was also a lot of personal attacks and rudeness which is not tolerated.

I see people say that we are treating them like children, and yet the conversations we remove are removed because of posts that are not a respectful conversation between adults.

As we ALWAYS have said, its ok to disagree, so long as it is respectful and without rudeness or personal attacks.

Some people do not know how to argue without using those two styles of communication.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 8

I don't know what turn the earlier thread took today, but what was so bad about the thread from yesterday? I can think of about 3 comments that were bad, but why couldn't they just be deleted out. I have seen that done in a thread before, where certain comments were removed, but the thread stayed. Why couldn't that happen again?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:39pm
post #8 of 8

The thread isn't altogether deleted, it is in a private holding area for moderator review. There are several posts that come to immediate attention, but when there are 16 pages to review, it can be quite time consuming to go through and moderate post by post. The useful information will be restored once we finish reviewing the thread.

Unfortunately it has taken longer than we would like to review because of all the inquiries about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%