Cake Filling???

Decorating By iris219 Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 11:20am by iris219

iris219 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 4

I making a wedding cake for next Sunday and the bride wants strawberry mouse filling and wants to add chopped almonds and fresh strawberries. How far in advance can I make the mousse filling for Sunday's cake?

With the fresh fruit shes added I know I have to keep the cake in the frig, but once delivered to the reception does the cake need to go back in the frig before they cut the cake?

Has anyone added nuts to a mousse filling before? Just wondering how it will taste? Will it change the flavor of the mousse?

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 4

The mousse will be just fine w/nuts added. Chop them rather well. It won't change the flavor that much.
Fresh berries will cause it to be very runny icon_sad.gif
Don't worry about the filling once you deliver the cake. The filling is sealed in. The only problem would come if any leftover cake is not chilled for days.
It also depends on where you it hot and humid? That would cause problems but most of us are in winter with chilly temps icon_smile.gif

iris219 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 4

It's winter where I live right now.

oh boy I wasn't expecting for the strawberries to make it runny. So fresh Strawberries I guess is out of the questions. Uh?

I was thinking of covering the cake with ganache and then covering the ganache with butter cream. (don't know if this came be done or not) But my thinking was if I covered the ganache I will be able to seal the filling very well and then use the buttercream over the ganache to decorate. I am planning to decorate with a template around the cake.

iris219 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:20am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%