In Memory Of My Dog Titan

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 5:17am by nannie

sweetcravings Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 26

Some of you already know of the pain my family suffered this week as i had posted about my dogs seizures. I'm heartbroken to say that we had to put him to sleep on Tuesday. We miss him horribly and the pain at times is unbearable.
I spent some time this week making a little video in memory of him. His name was Titan. He was a 10yr old golden retreiver.
I thought those on CC who helped me through this terrible time might like to see this video, that's why i'm posting a link to it. Thanks for letting me share it.

Suzanne

25 replies
Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 26

Suzanne I am so so sorry about Titan. I know exactly how you feel we had to put our 17 yr old dog Bentley down in Jan and it was the hardest and saddest thing we've ever done. We miss him terribly too.

They become such a huge part of our families. I loved watching your memorial to him, it's clear that you all loved him very very much. You have a beautiful family!

God Bless Titan and Bentley!

Take care,
Deb ((((((HUGS))))))

Loucinda Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 26

That is a beautiful memorial to Titan. There is nothing that compares to the pain of loosing a member of the family - we have been through it too. icon_sad.gif Sending you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry you had to go through this. I am posting the Rainbow Bridge poem for your family and Titan..

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

sweetcravings Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 26

Thank you both.

Deb..I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please tell me it will get easier with time? Right now I feel so empty. icon_sad.gif

Loucinda Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 26

Deb - I am sorry for your loss too.
The pain does get easier with time. You both are still in the deep grieving stages. I think I cried for the first 3 weeks everyday. Now the memories are of the good times, and the sorrow is not so raw. (and Victoria has been gone for 5 years now)

Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 26

It will get easier as time goes by Suzanne.

I still expect Bentley to come running to me every day when I get home from work but as each day goes by it gets a little easier to accept that he's not here anymore.

Even though it may not feel like it today, it really was the right thing to do for Titan, he's at peace now. He'll always have a special place in your hearts, that's very evident just by looking at your wonderful pictures.

tatorchip Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 26

((((HUGS))))
so sorry to hear about Titan, he was a beautiful gift to your family. I can see the love that your family will miss from the video. ((((HUGS))))

Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 26

Thanks Loucinda icon_smile.gif

justducky Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 26

I am sorry to hear about Titan. Your tribute video is amazing. What a wonderful way to remember and share your friend.

sweetcravings Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:36pm
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

I am sorry to hear about Titan. Your tribute video is amazing. What a wonderful way to remember and share your friend.

You know the house has been so sad, i'm crying all the time. I just had to do something to honor Titan. You know for people you have a funeral but for dogs nothing. This was my way of paying him his due respect. It was painful to look through all the pictures but now that it's done I'm so happy I made it.
We got him when he was around 2yrs old. That's why there is only one baby photo of him. His previous owner gave the photo to us. He was fully grown when we got him but he still acted like a baby until his last days. He was a wonderful dog and friend and will be missed greatly.

sweetcravings Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:38pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

It will get easier as time goes by Suzanne.

I still expect Bentley to come running to me every day when I get home from work but as each day goes by it gets a little easier to accept that he's not here anymore.

Even though it may not feel like it today, it really was the right thing to do for Titan, he's at peace now. He'll always have a special place in your hearts, that's very evident just by looking at your wonderful pictures.

Thank you Deb for that comfort.

I'm planning to make up a shadow box with Titans picture, favorite toy and dog tags. We are gonna hang it up on the wall right near the downstairs door. That's where he would greet us everytime we came home. This way he will still be greeting us daily.

kjt Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 4:28pm
post #12 of 26

So sad to hear this...I fear the time is coming soon that we will face the same heartache. Our faithful Golden mix (a rescue) is really beginning to fail.

My heart goes out to those of you who are sadly missing your four-legged companions icon_sad.gif .

Bijoudelanuit Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:33pm
post #13 of 26

I'm so sorry to hear about Titan... much love to you... you'll be in my thoughts.

costumeczar Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:54pm
post #14 of 26

I'm so sorry... icon_sad.gif

luvmysmoother Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 11:46pm
post #15 of 26

What a beautiful tribute - once again - I was in tears. But Titan was extremely blessed to have a family that obviously loved and cared about him so deeply.

KHalstead Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:54pm
post #16 of 26

I am so sorry for your loss!! I remember every single animal I've ever had (and there are lots), I just know when I get to heaven I'm gonna be knocked down by the sheer force of them all!!

We also lost a dog that has seizures, she lived with them for a number of years but it really took her vitality out of her, in hindsight my parents always said they wish they would have just made the decision to put her to sleep early on so she wouldn't have had to suffer through them all....but when you're in love with the animal and don't want to let go it's so hard to make that decision, especially when holding hope that they'll be "cured" and be ok again someday!

sweetcravings Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:16pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I just know when I get to heaven I'm gonna be knocked down by the sheer force of them all!!
!

This made me smile...I can't wait till that day to see Titan again.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost loved pets too. When Titan started having the seizures we just knew that it was going to get worse with time..everything we were seeing were leading us to that conclusion. Even when he 'recovered' from them you could just see he wasn't his normal self. Normally he could relax, fall asleep but after the first seizure he would just lay there with his eyes open..never fully relaxing. It was so sad. We did hope and pray that another seizure wouldn't happen, but they did. Even in the morning of the day we put him to sleep..i prayed for a miracle. It was the hardest thing i've ever had to do.

KHalstead Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm
post #18 of 26

it's so hard, the dog we had that had seizures was a little super miniature dauchsund an her eyes were vacant for at least an hr. after each seizure, you could just tell everytime she had one that we would lose a little piece of her. It was heart wrenching for all of us!!

I hope you find solace in knowing that you didn't allow your dog to suffer and that is the ultimate gift of love to give to your dog. It's so hard to let them go when you love them so much!

Eisskween Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 6:30pm
post #19 of 26

Please accept my condolences over the loss of your beloved Titan. He was lucky to be loved and have loved a family as special as yours. Your tribute is testimony to that relationship and is very moving.

Sending a warm hug your way,
Karen

sweetcravings Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 2:03pm
post #20 of 26

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their prayers, kind words, condolences this past week. It has been incredibly hard for my whole family. You words are comforting. Thank you.

TheCakerator Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:01pm
post #21 of 26

Im so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing his story with us. I can tell he was loved. The pain does eventually get easier, but there will always be a small part of the heart that aches for them (at least for me) Just know you will meet again ..

misserica Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #22 of 26

Oh Sweet! I am so sorry about Titan. I am all teary eyed right now, we were just talking about him after he hurt his paw. I hope you and your family are holding up alright, I cry when I imagine something happening to one of my dogs, so I can not even begin to imagine how hurt and sad you must be.

sweetcravings Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by misserica

Oh Sweet! I am so sorry about Titan. I am all teary eyed right now, we were just talking about him after he hurt his paw. I hope you and your family are holding up alright, I cry when I imagine something happening to one of my dogs, so I can not even begin to imagine how hurt and sad you must be.

I know, it all happened so quick. icon_sad.gif My mind is still trying to figure it all out. In hindsight perhaps the slipping on the steps and fear of walking on the shiney floors may have been a sign that something was going on in his brain. Then the seizures started and became more and more frequent. It's hard for me to believe he's gone.
Today we received a beautiful card from the vets office. It contained paw prints of all his feet, a lock of his hair, the rainbow bridge poem. I was in tears again. The crying just won't stop. icon_cry.gif

Loucinda Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:44pm
post #24 of 26

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hebrard Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 11:52pm
post #25 of 26

Hi Suzann,
I was just here on cc and stumbled across to this post. I have to say that your tribute to Titan was beautiful! It shows from the photos that he was loved and treated the very best! I was crying and am still hurt for you. I lost my dog Hank 3 years ago from liver failure. He to had to be put to sleep. It was the most horrible feeling i have ever felt. We now have 3 dogs that we love so much. One thing thats seems to make things better is knowing how much memories he gave us. I wish you and your family many more beautiful memories with new pets.
(DJ) The Cake Addict

nannie Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:17am
post #26 of 26

I am so sorry for your loss.

Watching the video, thru my tears, I can see that Titan was a beautiful and much loved dog.

You gave him a wonderful life and I hope you can find comfort in knowing that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%