What The Heck Is Going On With This??

Decorating By Aplatel87 Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 1:56pm by CanadianCakeDiva

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:44pm
post #31 of 36

Never had a problem with the Wilton's cake release, works like a charm EVERY time I use it...don't have the patience to deal with parchment paper...not needed when you use the cake release from Wilton's icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:53pm
post #32 of 36

I use the homemade release (thirds of each - flour, oil, shortning) and then use the method JanH describes. I NEVER have any problems, and I don't have to use parchment either. I am all about the cheapest way to do it! icon_smile.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:08pm
post #33 of 36

You can also used waxed paper instead of parchment. It's a fraction of the price. Using some paper lining is pretty much a guarantee that your cake will come out in one piece. It's worth the tiny bother to me because I never have to rebake or deal with missing edges or cracks.

And as to the bother of it, Once a month or so, whenever I have some free time, I sit down and pre-cut stacks of waxed paper circles (several at a time) in various sizes. Then whenever I need one throughout the month, I just pull it from the stack.

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:41am
post #34 of 36

I whip together:
1 cup All Purpose flour
1 cup Crisco (not butter flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Brush it inside your pans (don't forget the sides) and your cakes will practically slide out.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:23pm
post #35 of 36

I turn mine out pretty much immediately and have no problem. I line the bottom of the pan with parchment and spray the sides with Baker's Joy. I lay the cooling rack on top of the cake, pick up both the pan and the rack together, flip it over and then lift the pan off of the inverted cake. I've never lost a cake.

CanadianCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakeDiva Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:56pm
post #36 of 36

I use wiltons cake release, it works wonderful as long as you use enough. Ive tried the parchment and pam and all that good stuff but nothing seems to work as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%