Tylose Question/nicholas Lodge Recipe

Baking By AKS Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 8:18pm by todolomio

AKS Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 8

*This recipe is for Tylose C Composition 1000 which is usually under the brand names of
JEM Cutters and Confectionery Art Int'l.
If using Pfeil & Holding Tylose C, reduce the amount of Tylose to 9½ teaspoons for a 4 egg white batch, for best results.

The above came from Nicholas Lodge's website. I bought CK products' tylose.

HAS ANYONE MADE NICK LODGE'S GUM PASTE RECIPE WITH CK BRAND TYLOSE? IF SO, DID YOU USE THE ORIGINAL RECIPE OR THE REDUX ONE?

Also, does anyone have a different but still good gum paste recipe? I want to use it with the Cricut. Thanks so much!

7 replies
cakedesire Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 8

I made his recipe with the CK brand just as he called for, and it's the best gumpaste I've EVER used! It's very flexable and dosen't crack!

lisamenz Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 8

Every since I have been making gumpaste I have always used Nick Lodge's receipt. I have always used CK tylose, never had a problem, always turned out great and set up great. Hope this helps. P.S I haven't used it on cricut cutter., but then one day soon hope to have the new Cricket Cake coming out. thumbs_up.gif

chrissypie Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 8

It is the original amount of 11 teaspoons. CK is made by Confectionary Arts

TobiasWilhelm Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #5 of 8

We are using a modified version of the gumpaste recipe that Linda McClure had on her DVD and her web site in the beginning. It is my understanding that it originated from a man in Atlanta, GA. It has worked great with the Cricut and has many other advantages when processed correctly.

I don't have the formula with me, but we will gladly share with everyone, along with the instructions on how to process, which in my opinion is the most important part.

Hate to keep you in suspense - I'll try to get to it after the weekend.

Tobias

AKS Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 8

Whew! Thanks so much guys. It's really appreciated. Thanks, Tobias, I'd love to know as much of the process as you're willing to share. I really want to get the cricut thing down!

TobiasWilhelm Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 8:39am
post #7 of 8

OK, so we've been getting request for this from RBA, ICES and a few forums, so we put up a web site and you can just have it sent to you for free.

Go to
http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com
and fill out the little form and it will instantly email you a PDF with the recipe.

Email or PM with questions...

Tobias

todolomio Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 8:18pm
post #8 of 8

Ok Friends...

I was ready the recipe from Nicholas Lodge he says the recipe use intended to use with the Tylose C 1000 from P&H and CIA . I remember CIA tylose having one that was just tylose and another with tylose c . Does anyone know the difference?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%