Wet Fondant Cake

Decorating By rainy22 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 1:47am by catlharper

rainy22 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 6

My fondant cake is wet. What do I do to get it to dry? Help!

5 replies
helsbels Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 6

Not sure what you mean by "wet" but something like a blow drier with no heat or a fan will help it dry. hth

AnotherCreation Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

how did the fondant get wet? Is it store bought? Homemade?

rainy22 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:21am
post #4 of 6

It wasn't like "wet" I think it just started to cool too much and it was sticky instead of dry and smooth. It was dry and smoothed out when it was put on cake and then after it sat for a while it just started to cool and look "wet" and it felt sticky. I think corn starch helped but I just didn't know why it happened in the first place. It is marshmallow fondant.

AnotherCreation Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 6

when I make my MMF I try to let it sit overnight double wrapped in plastic wrap. I have used it the same day but I still let it sit for at least an hour. Then I knead it with a little more ps and start rolling. I've never had that happen either maybe it just needed some more ps??? Wish I could help more

catlharper Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #6 of 6

Did you put it in the fridge after applying to the cake? If so then what you saw was condensation and just sitting it out to bring it up to room temp will help. Otherwise I'm not sure what happened. BTW...no need to put a fondant covered cake into the fridge unless your room is VERY hot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%