Satin Ice...aftertaste?

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 2:44pm by buttercuppie

buttercuppie Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 4

Good Saturday Morning Everyone! I'm working on a cake using white fondant as a base and some accents of black and pink. I wanted to know if anyone knew if the black and pink Satin Ice fondants had any type of aftertaste (and if they dyed your tongue).

The cake doesn't have to be delivered until 9pm tonight but I don't want to have to make a 2hr round trip to pick up these colors if I'm just better off dying them myself w/ the fondant that I have here.

let me know...thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
me_mysister Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 4

Hello! I've used the black one and tasted it. It doesn't have an after taste, but it does leave your mouth black. icon_smile.gif

Calgary_Mama Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 4

I love Satin Ice fondant (so tastey and soft). I have not used the pink, but have used the black a fair bit. I have not noticed any aftertaste but yes, it does dye easily. My hands will end up with a bit of dye on them when I am finished working with it.
I highly recommend working with allyour lighter colors first before the black, just in case.

buttercuppie Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks...I ended up just dying a bit for each color and the cake came out great!! I still don't like the fondant too much b/c it just dries out to quick...but it does dye great. I mainly use Massa Ticino fondant which gives me a bit more wiggle room...will post pictures tomorrow...

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%