Help With Cricut Image Please

Decorating By maude Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 3:35pm by TobiasWilhelm

maude Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have not yet used my cricut for fondant, gonna give it a try. I bought the SCAL for it but can't figure how to get the images into it. I want to do the Jonas Brothers logo for a friend's daughter. How can I turn it into an SVG file? Or can someone tell me how to go about this. I am not totally computer illiterate, but sure as heck can't figure this out. LOL

4 replies
tiggy2 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 5

You can download inkscape free to create SVG files. That's about all the help I can give you as I haven't figured out how to use it yet. There are tutorials online if you doa a search.

learnincakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 5

SCAL has many tutorials that are very helpful. Have you tried looking at those? I use MTC and also downloaded Inkscape. Is your image JPEG or SVG. It needs to be SVG and I believe they have a tutorial for converting.

cheesecakes-galore Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

I actually had this same problem and finally figured it out. Download inskape . org and here is a very simple you tube tutorial
It explains how to convert to the svg format. I just used my cricut for the first time on fondant and it worked pretty good.

TobiasWilhelm Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 5

I converted it for you - if you PM me an email address I'll send you the file. This forum does not allow SVG attachments.

We actually convert on demand for a small convenience fee - if anybody ever needs it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%