Query About Pudding Mix

Decorating By tybaeb3 Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 10:02pm by tybaeb3

tybaeb3 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All I have only recently discovered this site and cant seem to get off it the wealth of information available is amazing. My question is probably one that has already been answered many times but I was hoping someone could explain what is referred to as pudding mix I wanted to try some of the fantastic recipes on CC using a cake mix as a base but wanted to get some clarity what was a pudding mix was Is it like a mouse? I live in Australia so maybe that explains why I have no idea.

2 replies
Deb_ Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 3

Well welcome to you, this is an awesome site and you'll learn so much here!

Pudding mix is sold here in the states by a company named Kraft. It is basically a dry mix that when mixed with milk and either cooked on the stove or mixed with an electric mixer (the instant kind needs no cooking) it turns into pudding. It's a heavier consistency to mousse.

This is what it looks like

tybaeb3 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Deb for your reply and the link. I'm not to sure if there is going to be a substitute in Australia but I will check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%