post #1 of 16

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

15 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:39am
post #2 of 16

I've just got 1 little party cake tonight, a good sized wedding show on Sunday. Tonight I'm making paper flowers.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 16

I had a church thing to attend so this afternoon I filled and crumb coated a 3D labrador cake and then two gift boxes and a flat parasol for a baby shower cake. So tomorrow I will be doing the fondant work on all, which will make for a long day...but today I was lucky just to get the buttercream parts done and then clean my house and do the activity tonight.

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 16

I was supposed to be making a cake, but i ended up using some of my eggs for dinner. So now it will just have to wait for tomorrow. But this gives me a chance to look at all the old wilton yearbooks that i just bought at a garage sale!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:09am
post #5 of 16

I had 2 cakes due this afternoon. Now its time to rest! Both 2 tiers. The one square bottom zebra pattern with a round polka dot, I personally thought it looked tacky, but turned out nice. The other was chocolate buttercream with red scrolls topped with cake truffles, yum!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:23am
post #6 of 16

no cakes. I had been working on some flowers earlier this week until the creepin' crud came over me...I've been going from the sofa to the recliner and back with my roll of toilet paper (ran out of tissues). Lysol nearby to spray. I feel like kaka but am ever so happy that I didn't have any orders to cancel.

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:25am
post #7 of 16

Just finished an order for tomorrow morning. 3 tier farm cake with a John Deere tractor cupcake cake for the smash. Its for a 1st birthday. I think I'll leave cleanup for the morning...{yawn}

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:40am
post #8 of 16

No cakes tonight. Daughter had a gymnastics meet. Now we're watching the olympics and uploading her videos to facebook. icon_smile.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:49am
post #9 of 16

i just spent a few hours doing my monday night class homework making lots and lots and lots of roses.... i still suck but im enjoying it

tomorrow im planning on making the paula deen RV cake - ive never seen a RV cake before so im kinda interested to see how it turns out and tastes

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 5:04am
post #10 of 16

No client cakes tonight..it's a family weekend in our house so I didn't book anything. My youngers daughters birthday today so she and her husband, our older daughter and granddaughter along with my mom and some friends are all coming for a birthday dinner topped with birthday cake.

And that was interesting...my daughter dictated that she wanted 2 tiers, BOTH six inch cakes seperated with these round balls I was given for Christmas and set on a special cake stand and blue. So first I had to go buy a 6 inch seperator plate and then figure out how I was going to use the ball set that is made for 8 inches and bigger! LOL! So I ended up with the daisy cake (she loves daisies, her fave flower) that is in my album here. I'm hoping I lived up to her expectations!

It wasn't easy..had issues with it being too warm in the house, too humid and making working with the MMF a challenge but I think it turned out cute. Now next week I get to try to figure out how to make a sombreo so if anyone has any tips I'll take 'em! LOL!

Have a great weekend all!

Cat

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:23am
post #11 of 16

I'm here - just finished up a 2-tier 'cars' theme cake for a birthday tomorrow. And I have finished one 1/2 sheet cake for a females 50th birthday tomorrow with Maxine "giving her some support!" and the bra; now the twist is this lady's ex-husband's 50th birthday is also being celebrated (their daughter is giving the party) - she want's a farming theme cake for him . . . .the one she picked out has the plastic tractor, barn, fence, animals, etc sitting on top. Well you know us decorators -- we aren't putting that on one of our cakes - especially when it's going to sit next to the cake with the lacy bra on & Maxine on it! So i am searching for inspiration of any kind -- I've even googled "quotes about old farmers!" Not any help there either!

Any suggestions any one?

Suze

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:30am
post #12 of 16

Just finished my son's cake for tomorrow- a football stadium cake. Have to put the decorations on when we get to the party. Pictures tomorrow. He wants 10 players (Wilton set) on a 10" by 5" football field....Not To Scale is the key here!!!! Made a fondant scoreboard on skewers, and "plackards" on toothpicks that spell out his name like people holding up signs in the crowd. I would love to go put the rest together right now, but am practicing patience with a cup of tea!

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:35am
post #13 of 16

I'm nearly finished with a 4 tier wedding cake black scrolls on buttercream.... wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. Also 2orking on a 1/2 sheet cake decorated to look like a photo album for an 80th birthday. Really tired and looking forward to being finsihed for the weekend.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:07pm
post #14 of 16

This seems to be a slow time of year for a lot of us. I hope things pick up soon for everyone, including me.

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:21pm
post #15 of 16

Was up at 2am making two batch of fondants, strawberry filling and chocolate ganache for cake tasting for these two young ladies who are celebrating their sweet 16 b'day. Went to bed at 4:30am. Then got up to go to the store at 6 almost 6:30 I think. Now Im back in bed for a couple of hours.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:45pm
post #16 of 16

Suze,

I would still do the farm theme and just use the plastic figures for inspiration for gumpaste ones..and I agree...wouldn't put those on a cake for anyone older than 4...LOL!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%