Quick Help Needed

Decorating By texasseegirl Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 1:31am by Jeep_girl816

texasseegirl Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 9

Can I use a paint brush, dipped in water, to remove powdered sugar from black fondant? I just got through applying a lot of zebra stripes to a cake and I'm having a hard time getting it to look clean with a dry brush.

Thanks!

8 replies
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 9

steam will work too. they use that on the Cake Boss cake show

totallycaked Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:56am
post #3 of 9

I am no way near a pro ... but timing and all I saw this post. Water on any fondant especially black is not good. From my limited experience, it will kinda stain the fondant with a clear sheen. I heard to just use a dry brush and wish it off. Or if you are going to put zebra stripes on it, do the zebra first then do a light dusting of pam? I heard that works pretty well, for a nice sheen? Someone... help?

CakeandDazzle Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:10am
post #4 of 9

next time dont use powdered sugar... use a clay roller or roll it out on vinyl.....
i use a VERY VERY little amount of water to get mine off before... but rememeber a very little... too much could make it drip black off!

pattycakesnj Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #5 of 9

you can also try a light wiping of the whole cake with a paper towel with a little crisco on it (and I mean a little)

Jeep_girl816 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:25am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

you can also try a light wiping of the whole cake with a paper towel with a little crisco on it (and I mean a little)

I totally agree this is the best way. Water will leave it sticky and possibly stain. Crisco on a paper towel is definitely the way to go!

texasseegirl Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone! We were able to get it taken care of.....

Michelle9701 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 9

Hi I am new and need help just made my first fondant two tiered cake have the fondant on both cakes . How do I put it together now do I have to put something on the bottom tier to make the top tier stick please help?

Jeep_girl816 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:31am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle9701

Hi I am new and need help just made my first fondant two tiered cake have the fondant on both cakes . How do I put it together now do I have to put something on the bottom tier to make the top tier stick please help?

try these links on how to stack cakes. Hope this helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%